It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
(female)

ruby60 HB User
Thumbs down Clonazepam For Insomnia Or Should I Take Zoplicone

I have just recently been taking Clonazepam for insomnia and it hasn't been much good, I took one at 10:30 pm to-night .5mg and lay awake trying to sleep then I took another .5 mg and still awake here at 12:41 am. How soon should it take affect??????
I have had much better results with Zoplicone - falling asleep right away and getting a decent sleep.

Actually what I was trying to do was to get off these pills with a variety of others - nytol, sleep-med etc. but with no result what so ever. I have had insomnia for over 11 years and need something to help.

I am open to any suggestions you may have.[/FONT]

Old 04-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
(male)

samsam77 HB User
Re: Clonazepam For Insomnia Or Should I Take Zoplicone

Have you tried any behavior techniques? Insomnia can be overcome without medication. I am living proof of that. Check out Say Good Night to Insomnia by Greg Jacobs. It will turn your life around.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
(female)

dreamingdenali HB User

I take Klonopin or Xanax when needed, but I feel like for a lot of people, you should do whatever possible to work on NOT using benzos every night. They are very addictive and despite my anxiety, panic disorder and sleeping problems, I'd rather have to deal with not sleeping or struggling than leaning so much on benzos. So do a little research and experiment more before you head further down that road.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
(female)

NinjaBoi HB User

The doctor just put me on Zoplicone and I still cant sleep However its only my second night on them. So I will see how I go. I havent been able to sleep all night through properly for years. I cant remember the last time. Unless I am totally exhausted sleep just doesnt come.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
(female)

KLPEACH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby60 View Post
I have just recently been taking Clonazepam for insomnia and it hasn't been much good, I took one at 10:30 pm to-night .5mg and lay awake trying to sleep then I took another .5 mg and still awake here at 12:41 am. How soon should it take affect??????
I have had much better results with Zoplicone - falling asleep right away and getting a decent sleep.

Actually what I was trying to do was to get off these pills with a variety of others - nytol, sleep-med etc. but with no result what so ever. I have had insomnia for over 11 years and need something to help.

I am open to any suggestions you may have.[/FONT]

Old 04-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #6
(female)

KLPEACH HB User

Hello my friend had trouble sleeping for years finally got tested for sleep apnea, now he has the hybrid mask and sleeps through 6 to 7 hours. Its worth a try you never know.

Myself I have a pain problem and have been taking Ambien CR it works great for me no side effect wake up feeling great. I have taken it for a year it is not narcotic and if I become dependant on it it wouldn't be any different than anything else you have to take.

Take care all!!!!

Closed Thread