It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

Shaymin11 HB User
Question Constant Nightmares?

Hi all-

I'm not sure what's going on, but I simply cannot get through a single night without having nightmares. It had been happening consistently for a couple of months, and then out of the blue it just stopped. However, it started happening again, about a week ago. I haven't changed anything I've done, and I'm wondering if this is something I should talk to my counselor about?

I mean, is it normal to have such frequent nightmares? They're never the same, so it's not like I feel like I have some sort of task to complete in them.

Cheers-
Shaymin

Old 04-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
(female)

seaecho HB User
Re: Constant Nightmares?

Shaymin, hope you're still watching this thread. I have had very frequent nightmares for the last 12 years. They are terrifying, and were interfering with my sleep, to the point to where I was afraid to go to sleep. I saw a psychiatrist who diagnosed possible PTSD and prescribed Xanax, .5mg, for me to take before bed every night. I already had a history of frequent daytime panic attacks, so was on Xanax anyway on an as needed basis. Since taking the Xanax nightly, I have maybe 1 nightmare in 10 days to 2 weeks! Before the Xanax it was almost nightly. What a difference! Its like being set free. Please think about seeing a psychiatrist for help. (By the way, antidepressants didn't help at all, in fact, they made my panic attacks and racing heart even worse). Everyone though, is different. Good luck to you.

Randi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread