It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 06:16 AM   #1
(male)

bodieiv HB User
Smile I slept last night

I am extremely happy to report that sleep finally happened last night.

I was prescribed Lunesta 2mg in which I decided not the take. I realized that my sleep issues this week is totally tied to my anxiety about a new job. I just do not completely understand why.

I took 100 mg of ellavil instead of 75. I also listened to a hypnotic cd which put me to sleep real fast. I did wake up two times but was able to go back to sleep. I remember dreaming quite a bit last night. I usually do not dream or remember my dream at all.

So I hope I can continue without any "relapse" of major insomnia.

Thanks for all the prayers and support on this board.

God bless.
Bodie

The following user gives a hug of support to bodieiv:
ginger spice (10-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: I slept last night

I'm happy for you and hope your good sleep continues...

Bethsheba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

TexMom85 HB User
Re: I slept last night

Bodie,

That's fantastic news! I am thrilled to hear you achieved good sleep, with dreams. I hope the Elavil continues to work for you--it did for me for many years (I just gained a bunch of weight on it, is all.)

Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Blessings,
Tex

Old 06-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
(male)

readthesmile HB User
Question Re: I slept last night

.... and most of this morning.
I got a prescription from my GP for Elavil a few months ago I was pretty sure I had fibromalagia ( triger points, tender areas, fatigue..etc..) Anyway it was 25 mg.. Took it a few times and well I guess I am just way to sensitive but it made me sleep for 10 hours and remain in a semi-Zombie state the next day. I stopped after three days. Recently had pnuomonia , am recovered but sleep is difficult ( really has been my whole life) I pulled out the Elavil take half pill 12.5 mg and sleep great still feet groggy most of next day.. I wonder who people can take 100 to 300 mg of this stuff and still walk?? Any guess just wondering if anyone has such a sensitivity to this medication? Thanks..
Be well........

Last edited by readthesmile; 06-09-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Old 06-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
(male)

bodieiv HB User
Exclamation Re: I slept last night

I started on 25mg(I currently at 100mg) and I did notice that it made me real sleepy/groggy. But as with most antidepressants, the effectiveness does not kick in until about 14days. After fourteen days, I started to have real good days. The groggy feeling in the morning subsided drastically. But it did take about two weeks for this to happen. I remember wanting to cut back to 10 mgs because of the groggy feelings. But I took the doctors advise and did not render judgement until I had given the medication the time to work.

God bless...
Bodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by readthesmile View Post
.... and most of this morning.
I got a prescription from my GP for Elavil a few months ago I was pretty sure I had fibromalagia ( triger points, tender areas, fa Anyway it was 25 mg.. Took it a few times and well I guess I am just way to sensitive but it made me sleep for 10 hours and remain in a semi-Zombie state the next day. I stopped after three days. Recently had pnuomonia , am recovered but sleep is difficult ( really has been my whole life) I pulled out the Elavil take half pill 12.5 mg and sleep great still feet groggy most of next day.. I wonder who people can take 100 to 300 mg of this stuff and still walk?? Any guess just wondering if anyone has such a sensitivity to this medication? Thanks..
Be well........

Last edited by bodieiv; 06-09-2008 at 03:34 PM.

Closed Thread