It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

CCJJ HB User
Thumbs down Trazodone Frustrations

I have been taking Ambien 5 – 10 mg. off and on for about 9 months, OB doctor would only give me a prescription every other month. Doctor would act very guarded every time I asked for another refill. Hormones have made my sleep almost nonexistent. Finally went to PCP and she switched me to Trazodone. First few nights I took 50 mg, then upped it to 100 mg for the past 2 nights AND I AM NOT SLEEPING!!!!!!!! I took the meds at 10:00 and finally fell asleep after 11:30 and was awake at 3:00 am.

I am scheduled for a sleep study the end of September.

My question is….Could my insomnia be because of being on Ambien so long and I need to give it more time to get out of my system OR is the Trazodone just not working???

Please help,
Connie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
(female)

Chantal231 HB User
Re: Trazodone Frustrations

Hi Connie,

I'm going through menopause and since my hormones have been out of sync that has been my sleep pattern. I sleep just a few hours then I'm awake.

Sometimes I can fall back to sleep other times not.

Chantal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 03:49 AM   #3
(female)

teepeekitty HB User
Re: Trazodone Frustrations

I too am not able to get full hrs of sleep on trazodone. I went from 25 mg to 50 mg last night... and right now its 4:45 am, so its obviously not working for me. I take the pill around 1130 or 12 midnight, and i am awake again by about 3. Should i try another drug? How many days does it usually take for trazodone to work? Does it not work the night you take it, like most sleep aids?

Closed Thread