It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2008, 04:34 AM   #1
(female)

sammie616 HB User
Unhappy Extreme sleeping problem

\]Hi im new here.Firstly i will start with my story.I went to the docs 6 weeks ago with a slight sleeping problem which was nothing major maybe once a fortnight i would not sleep for a night at all i was handling it no big deal.The doc reckons i was depressed and put me on antidepressants cyropmol?spelling!Things went down hill from there for the first 4 days i slept maybe 10 hours in total and then it got worse i was awake for 3 days straight.My problem i go to bed and close my eyes and nothing happens i lie there for 8 hours without drifting offf.I spent the next 3 days in doctor surgeries only to be told pretty much it was physcological not medical and sent away i also spent 2 days up the hospital at my absolute wits ends cryins so much i dehyydarted myself and has to have mum come look after me and my 18 month old son as i was unable to move i was so exhausted.The hospital gave me temazapan and serequel to knock me out and it did for 8 hours.My sleeping problem was that bad 4 temazapan and there own would not put me to sleep.I am now on zoldipbell?spelling!I have been for 6 weeks i cannot sleep without them i have tried and tried and tried there is nothing there.My problem is quite bad its not as though im getting some sleep without drugs i am getting none it does not exist at all i lie in bed till the morning with my eyes closed and nothing happens.i am exhausted i feel better now cos with the pills i am sleeping some but i am so worried about my future and what is going to happen to me i know when i dont sleep i become bedridden.My husband works away i have no support really i can not afford to feel this way.I am going to a sleep clinic wait is til january.i also have appointment with a physcologist next weeek i dont know how this is supposed to help me if strong drugs cant put me to sleep properly how can talking to someone.i have researched lots on the interent and although some people have insomnia and sleep problems it does not seem to be to the extent i have it.SLEEP DOES NOT EXIST WITHOUT PILLS NOT AT ALL NOT EVEN 15 MINUTES.I know it sounds like im dependant on them now but i was not sleeping at all before i started taking them.i will not go on antidepressants again im to scared after what happenend the first time apparantly i had a reaction to them.Just semms weird how i went to the doc with a slight problem and now 6 weeks later i have a huge problem all beacuse i took antidepressants and had a reaction to them.I dont know what to do about the problem i stress about it all day i am so worried about what is going to happen to me this problem is ruining my life.I know the sleep pills are only masking a problem not fixing it i am at my tether.Hopefully theres someone out there like me that can shed the light\

Last edited by sammie616; 11-24-2008 at 04:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2008, 05:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: Extreme sleeping problem

First of all hello. Sory to hear you have a sleeping problem. I have exactly the same problem as you have. I cannot sleep at all without sleeping pills. I will be awake all night. But even with sleeping pills it's only let me sleep for 2-3 hours. If I won't take it I won't be able to sleep at all. At least you can sleep with the sleeping pills for 8 hours. I wish I could. I'm always tired and feel like crap. My problem is cause of chronic pain, I'm pretty sure.
I wish I could be of more help to you.

Last edited by nochange; 11-24-2008 at 05:46 AM.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:47 PM   #3
(female)

sammie616 HB User

Hi there i only slept the once for 8 hrs thats when the hospital gave me a cocktail of pills to knock me out that was 6 weeks ago after i hadnt slept for 3 days thats when the proplem was beginning.Now i take 1 pill a night to sleep i get 3 hrs i then take another half to get anuther c ouple hours sleep sometimes this dosent work so i take another half i do this every 3 hrs til the morning just so i can pretty much scam 7 hours sleep.Its weird cos the minute the pill wears off im wide awake.it makes me feel better already to know there are others and im not alone.How long have u been on sleeping pills for?how many?Obviously i am quite worried about the situation it is not normal to need pills for sleep but as u know there are 2 choices take the pills or dont sleep simple really i havea very active child so not sleeping for days on end is not a option for me nor is it for anyone else im sure.I am lucky im not having any side effects from them im waking up feeling ok although im sure ive got pretty ,major depression but i think this whole sleeping problem is definly causing it or making it worse thanks for your reply means alot

Old 11-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

hello again. I doubt that any talking with psychologist would solve any sleeping problems. I started taking sleeping pills one year ago. After the car accident(which was 3 years ago and then GRADUALLY I've lost the ability to sleep due to chronic severe pain) I decided NOT to take any sleeping pills cause I didn't want to DEPEND on them and so I was not able to sleep for 2 years in a row.(every 6 months I crashed for 6 hours sleep). I kept myself "going" during those 2 years with lot's of coffee(you don't want to do that).
Then, only a year ago I've started taking sleeping pills. I decided to do that cause lack of sleep can make you really sick and then you need more medicine for different ailments due to lack of sleep(they say it can cause diabetic and some other health problems). I told the doctor that I only can get 2-3 hours of sleep and if I can increase the dosage but she said no. Thanks to you I will persist of increasing the dosage so I can get more than 3 hours of sleep. I will actually demand to increase it. Thank you for that.
By the way, they also tried to send me to a psychologist but I said no.
I also took anti depressant with the name amitrityline but this didn't help me sleep, it actually made me feel good and "high" and that's not what I need.
I'm really trying to solve this problem cause I really need my 9 hours sleep back, you probably know what I mean.
The only advice I can tell you that sometimes work with the sleeping pills is getting a hot shower and then take it. Maybe you can try drinking hot milk(try 2 cups) before you go to sleep with the sleeping pills and see if that helps you getting more hours of sleep. Try doing a little "sport" like walking half an hour before you go to sleep that should help "a little".
But again, what I really want is getting rid of the sleeping pills.
By the way, are you working?that can make it even harder.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:43 AM   #5
(female)

sammie616 HB User

i have a 19 month old life is very hard to egt hru right now looking after him.Went to the physc today ur right dont see how they can help.Also doc reckons i have bmajor depression which she reckonscaused this whole problem i highly doubt depression causes bad sleep,i wish i had bad sleep mine dosent exist!Also went tot he doc today for more sleeping pills u must of jinxed me cos he said how many u taking i said how i have 1 gets me 3 hrs then i take anotehr half and anotehr half he told me off and said im not to come back for anotehr fortnight and the only reason he gives them to me is cos i look deperate and he dosent give them to any other patients.So now i have to cut down to 1 a night and just except the fact im gunna get 3 hrs sleep better than nothing.So now i start a course of antidepresants and hope to god i dont have a reaction like last time.I cant believe how ong ur problem has gone on for i convince myself every day that ists gunna beetter but now im not so sure.i also asked the doctor id there were any sleeping pills that lasted longer unfortunatly no cant understand that really how someone was smart enough to come up with the idea but they only last 3 4 hrs.

Old 11-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sammie, please tell me the name of the anti-depressants the doctor has prescribed you. Perhaps I should go to my doctor and ask for it.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:42 AM   #7
(female)

sammie616 HB User

HI I STARTED ON CYPROMAL AND THEN NO SERTRALINE I WOULDNT reccomend it.Im at my wits end i started my course today and they have done to me what they did last time make me feel so extremely **** its not funny off to the docs again today tells me he cant do anything more for me.I didnt sleep last night i worked myself up into such a state with my anxiety that the sleeping pills didnt knock me out this is what happenend last time and it got worse and worse until i ended up in hospital its such a viscious cycle im getting iller and iller.i knowi have depression and it has to be sorted but the pills make me feel like im dying yet i know i need to fix my depression.i dont knowwhats wrong with me noone will help me when i work myself up like this my brain is so powerful that somehow it fights of the sleeping pills.Last time i got like this i had 4 temazaopan and they did not knock me out.I dont kow what to do im desperate and u seem desperate and it really sux.I had my cousin here all day cos i couldnt look after my son again

Old 11-27-2008, 04:24 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sammie, cypromal is what you're taking now? are you sure the spelling is right? couldn't find it on the net. Please check again for me.I hope you will get better. My situation is even worst. I suffer from chronic pain in the neck 24/7 always in pain. Doctors cannot help me. I dont' know what to do anymore. So I really need the 9 hours sleep so I won't be tortured like this for 24/7. Strange enough, when I sleep more than 3 hours I feel so much better and stronger. My doctor tells me that there are people who are worsen off than me but that doesn't comfort you when all you want is to sleep.
Maybe you can go back to the tamazapam? oh, and you know what the doctor recommended me? to drink a little alcohol before I go to sleep. Maybe I should try it. I'm not so fond of alcohol but if that's what gonna help.

Last edited by nochange; 11-27-2008 at 04:37 AM.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:47 PM   #9
(female)

sammie616 HB User

yes u guys might not have it there i am from australia.I eneded up in hospital again yesterday after not sleeping for a whole night again so 3 days in total i went and seen the doc.Every time i try and take antidepressants they cancel out my sleeping pill they wont work so then i dont sleep and pretty much become a vegetable cos i cant move due to no sleep.After seeing yet another doc yesterday he wrrote a note to the hospital saying i had to be admitted for tests cos something is not right.Finally got there told me no beds would have to sleep in emergancy or i can go home and they will give me stuff to knock me out.I `said yes but what happens after that runs out i go back to square 1 again its a viscious cylcle and every time i end up in hospital.Im on serequel at the moment to calm me down it also knocks me out i was in bed eysterday from 4 30 in the arvo til today 8am.Only crap thing bout it is it makes u feel of ur head but id rather that than not sleep.i also had an ambulance called for me the other night my heart was racing thru the roof my pulse what flat out reckon i had an anxiety attack jee everything is just getting worse and worse drugs cant keep fixing the problem itd hiding it.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:22 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sammie, just so you know. I also took anti-depressant with the name amitriptyline and it also cancelled my sleeping pills. Never was able to sleep with them. How serequel working for you now?
I really really feel for you. I also didn't sleep yesterday at all but unfortunatelly I don't know how I got used to it. I'm feeling so bad.

Last edited by nochange; 11-30-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
(female)

sammie616 HB User

The serequel is working great 1 x 100mg a night and 1 sleeping pill knocking me out for 8 hrs unfortunatly getting a script for them might be hard considering im not bipolars or skitz.So im off to the docs today hopefully he can notice the change in me today from the other day when i went in there looking like death and give me the damn script .otherwise i have no choice but to go off antideprssants and i really need to stay on them but not at the expense of not sleeping.Maybe u need to push harder
thats what im doing just pushing and pushing must admit im not getting far but i refuse to live like this

Old 12-03-2008, 02:05 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sammie, serequel sounds great. 8 hours sleep that's what I really need. But how can I get it if I'm not bio-polar with ups and down and not schizophrenia?
Please help. Really need your help.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #13
(female)

sammie616 HB User

im not sure i finally have been prescribed it so im stoked it was just finding the right doctor who would give it up i know that sounds bad!but to get a script and get it cheap here u have to be bipolar or skitzophrenia but he prescribed it for me under bipolar.it works great it completly calms me down and puts me to sleep it is not supposed to be prescribed for these purposes!i stumbled across it when i ended up in hospital the doc seen the change in me after having them so he gave me a script.i have had to push and fight hard though to get help.good luck

Old 12-07-2008, 02:30 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sammie, and who prescribed it to you a psychologist? really need to know.

Closed Thread