It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
(male)

Oneironaut HB User
Leg muscles in pain after sleep

Hey, not sure if this is really a sleeping disorder but all these topics confused me so I'm posting it here.

Anyway to my problem, around 5 times now in the last 3-4 months (haven't really kept count) I've woken up and one or both of my legs is in agony for about 10-20 seconds after I start to move it. Not when I start to walk around, when I'm waking up and still in bed. The pain was in the thigh area if I remember correctly. It freaked me out insanely the first time it happened.

Then it happened a few more times. I didn't really notice a pattern in when it happened, it seemed random to me. I looked into sleep paralysis but that occurs with hallucinations and I think I'd remember those ...

So yeah, there's nothing else unusual apart from that. After the 10-20 second period I feel completely normal (if a bit confused). I exercise a bit but only now and then so I wouldn't think that's the problem. I'm 17. I became a vegetarian 5 months ago (I don't think that matters but might as well tell you). I'm male. I'm also not sure what else you need to know to help. No physical or mental disorders.

If you could shed some light on the reason that that'd be awesome. If you need to know anything else then ask away.

- Sam

Old 03-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
(female)

ShayBunnie HB User
Re: Leg muscles in pain after sleep

Being vegetarian could have something to do with it. Please make sure your taking a vitamin B complex. Also make sure you eat eggs regularly or take a branch chain amino acid supplement. Those are things most vegetarians are lacking and is the reason most have poor muscle growth. One more thing that causes leg pain and tightness is lack of potassium. Try eating more bananas. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread