It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
(female)

march95 HB User
hear crashing sounds when falling asleep

this maybe only happens once every few months but when I go to bed, and right before I really fall asleep I will hear a loud crash, like a window breaking. i know it's not real since my dogs would start barking at the sound of a pin dropping and surely they would hear glass breaking. also hubby doesnt hear anything either and he is a very light sleeper. it scares the heck out of me but when I go to look anyway, nothing is broken. And twice on different occasions I heard a mans voice say my name real loud. that was always in the daytime while taking a nap and I knew i was the only one home. also my dogs never barked at that either. Heaing my name would wake me up and I don't think i was dreaming about anyone saying my name. And I don't dream about breaking a window. Does anyone else hear these sounds?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
(female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User
Re: hear crashing sounds when falling asleep

I've never spoken to anyone about this but I've also heard loud noises just as I'm falling asleep! This totally scares me but I do notice that no one else in the house hears this! I've also thought that I've heard a voice say my name and this wakes me abruptly!

My mom recently told me that she also hears her name called and it awakens her! I haven't heard any medical explanations for this yet,but you are not alone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Welcome to the sleep boards, March95!

This may sound like a strange question, but do you have any other medical problems? Changes in vision, headaches, ear noises, balance problems?

Bethsheba

Old 04-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
(female)

march95 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsheba View Post
Welcome to the sleep boards, March95!

This may sound like a strange question, but do you have any other medical problems? Changes in vision, headaches, ear noises, balance problems?

Bethsheba
I am taking meds for HBP but thats it. no other changes you listed. I only hear these sounds when I'm falling asleep and I'm not even thinking about windows or anyone calling my name. The crash will sound really loud so maybe I'm trying to fall asleep while my brain is still awake or just the opposite? my meds are enalipril 10mg and hydroclorot 12.5 mg although I wasn't on the water pill yet when I heard these sounds.

Last edited by march95; 04-21-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: added pill info.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
(female)

skellington83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by march95 View Post
this maybe only happens once every few months but when I go to bed, and right before I really fall asleep I will hear a loud crash, like a window breaking. i know it's not real since my dogs would start barking at the sound of a pin dropping and surely they would hear glass breaking. also hubby doesnt hear anything either and he is a very light sleeper. it scares the heck out of me but when I go to look anyway, nothing is broken. And twice on different occasions I heard a mans voice say my name real loud. that was always in the daytime while taking a nap and I knew i was the only one home. also my dogs never barked at that either. Heaing my name would wake me up and I don't think i was dreaming about anyone saying my name. And I don't dream about breaking a window. Does anyone else hear these sounds?
Hi!

I know exactly what you're talking about. To me it's almost like right when you're drifting off and your dreams kind of bleed over to reality. I think it's pretty normal.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by march95 View Post
my meds are enalipril 10mg and hydroclorot 12.5 mg although I wasn't on the water pill yet when I heard these sounds.
You might want to do an extensive search of the side effects of enalapril...some of these bp meds affect our sleep and our dreams.

Keep in mind that the side effects may be very general...so it may say "sleep disturbances" instead of "hearing loud auditory sounds".

I was on 5 mg of enalapril for 11 days...on day 3 I was blaming my back and shoulder pain on snow shoveling despite shoveling all winter with no problems. By day 11 I was in so much pain I could no longer walk and by then I knew it was the enalapril...it took 14 days to regain my ambulation...so that's the physical side effects but some of these meds impact our sleep and our brains as well.

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 04-23-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:42 AM   #7
(female)

march95 HB User

Thanks! I will look into that. ( the side effects) I never had any problems with it while awake but who knows what it is doing while I'm asleep!

Closed Thread