It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
(female)

LSUMomma05 HB User
Question still tired.. not sure what to do now.

i have no idea what to do anymore. i do have a doctor appiontment but still pretty preplex by what is going on with me. I do have amenia and hypothyriodism so i take a multi-vitamin, iron supplement, b-12 dots, 50 mcgs of synthriod, calcuim with d, vitamin a with d. i eat pretty healthy. not sure why i am so tired. i can sleep 3, 4, 8 or 12 hours doesnt' matter i wake up exhausted..not sure what to do next... any idea or advice would be appreciated?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jayer HB User
Re: still tired.. not sure what to do now.

Sounds like hypothyroid symptoms, it is common to be on the same dose of thryoid meds for a long time and think all is well, then all of a sudden your body needs more for a number of different reasons. I would go back to your doctor and have your levels checked, make sure they check TSH, FT4, FT3.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
(male)

pitcherred HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUMomma05 View Post
i have no idea what to do anymore. i do have a doctor appiontment but still pretty preplex by what is going on with me. I do have amenia and hypothyriodism so i take a multi-vitamin, iron supplement, b-12 dots, 50 mcgs of synthriod, calcuim with d, vitamin a with d. i eat pretty healthy. not sure why i am so tired. i can sleep 3, 4, 8 or 12 hours doesnt' matter i wake up exhausted..not sure what to do next... any idea or advice would be appreciated?
wow, that's a lot . I'd dump the calcium. why are you taking this? iron- are you sure you have iron deficient anemia? also taking b-12 well you cant have every anemia. I think you need a better doctor. What about folic acid or did your doc forget that one when he was loading you with all in the kitchen sink. Too vitamin D can be a problem as too little - i know when people are hypo they read too much - Unless you are deficient i wouldn't load on this too. Same with vitamin A. better taking beta-caratene unless you know for sure you are low.

now, after you clean out all the crap you are taking. Unless you have confirmed deficiency. You should focus on why you are hypothyroid? not to mention most Doctors are not well versed to truly diagnose a case. But if you are sure you are, either, because you have family relatives with confirmed low thyroid or you have responded to treatment- which sounds as you haven't. I would start to look at something else being the problem. Both anemia and low thyroid at the same time causing your fatigue? I would take a good hard look at your adrenals too usually they cant be subdivided from any low thyroid disease. also take a good look at your serum magnesium - especially after doing this vitamin d thing and calcium thing you have been doing.

i am sorry about the rant. But something is really sour about your case. its about totally what is wrong with the diagnostics ability of our medical system that is based on a system of symptom a and b give pill d. Id really start fresh with a new doctor. asap your life may depend on it.

Last edited by pitcherred; 07-05-2009 at 04:52 PM.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
(female)

LSUMomma05 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmayer View Post
Sounds like hypothyroid symptoms, it is common to be on the same dose of thryoid meds for a long time and think all is well, then all of a sudden your body needs more for a number of different reasons. I would go back to your doctor and have your levels checked, make sure they check TSH, FT4, FT3.
that just the thing i had my level check only three months ago. they were prefect.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
(female)

LSUMomma05 HB User

i do family history of hypothryriodism and i have vitamin d defiancy, i was born with iron defiancy......

Last edited by LSUMomma05; 07-05-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
(male)

pitcherred HB User

Well, how long have you been fatigued if you have this anemia from birth? and probably thyroid as well but the thyroid slows with age anyway?

Have these existing condition been managed . has there been a change in your blood counts? thyroid levels? since your fatigue.

sounds like all these existing conditions have been managed. you are just experiencing new symptoms possible unrelated. Check your magnesium.. check your adrenals. after this, i would get to a neurologist to rule out neuro disease, next i would look at pathogens but if you are going that far without results it begins to look pretty grim in finding and curing the problem

Last edited by pitcherred; 07-05-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

Have you had a sleep study test done? If you don't get enough sleep, it can make you feel like a wet noodle or worse. If you have had the study done and are on a machine and are still tired, make sure that the machine is set at the correct level.

Closed Thread