It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
(female)

laydeechaz HB User
Weird image in mind when falling to sleep, help?

I'm nearly 20 and suffer from bad Anxiety. I don't go to bed until the early hours because i used to have panic attacks when it was dark at night when trying to sleep, so i didn't go to sleep until it was sunrise and light but now i just cannot get out the habit and it's really effecting me. When i'm trying to fall to sleep i always have toone's on my mind, my mind is very active and i just cannot settle even though i'm exhausted. 4 time's now i've had this happen to me, as i'm falling to sleep all of a sudden i wake up from a huge jerk and a visual of black and white thick lines moving around like a spiral and a loud cracking noise, all at the same time, it scare's me so much i wake up and have a panic attack. I have noticed the past 2 times before falling to sleep i'm heavily thinking about stuff, so basically i'm very stressed but within seconds i'm falling to sleep, so i'm not sure if that is causing it. It feels like my mind has swiched off and is re-booting itself, it's horrible. I know so many different sensation's can happen whilst falling to sleep, i regulary get the falling sensation. Is this just a combination of different one's because my mind just isn't ready to fall asleep so quickly and wake's me up? Cos' doesn't your body send the signal to your brain to fall to asleep or something?

But yesterday as i was again trying to fall to sleep, i got it, but this time it was a result of a loud crashing sound of someone shutting their garage door which scared me half to death and woke me up from falling to sleep, it came very quickly, so that was weird. Would of that been because i was disturbed whilst my body was in the mode of falling to sleep?

Please help me out, i'm scared to go to bed incase it happens again!
Any idea's?

x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #2
(female)

shortblonde HB User
Re: Weird image in mind when falling to sleep, help?

You sound just like me last summer when I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder. I often could not get to sleep til around 6am, no matter how tired i was. In a way it almost felt like I was too tired to fall asleep.. although that's not really possible. I am 15 and am doing much better now but still suffer from extreme panicky nightmares and strange sleeping patterns. Right now it's almost 1am here on a school night.. I get up in 5 hours. I am usually pretty drowsy during the whole day until it's actually time to go to bed.. I all of a sudden get a second boost of energy from deep within my energy tank. One technique I do is to fall asleep to a movie on VERY low volume, because otherwise when I'm on the brink of sleep it could startle me. I hope this helps and you will get through this miserable, mucky time quickly. Goodnight!

Closed Thread