It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
(male)

vasdef HB User
body vibrating while sleeping

First off, I have sleep apnea, and have been using Cpap for about 8 yrs.
I take Mirapex for RLS
I have ADHD and Narcolepsy and take Adderall XR for both.
And I take Prozac,Lithium,and Depakote for Bipolar disorder.

As u can see I have a busy schedule, not including work,family and hobbies.

I've noticed postings from others about vibrating while sleeping, but they recall their vibrating. The only reason I know I do is because my wife tells me. I've been vibrating for at least a year or more, and have never recalled it happening.
My sleep doctor doesn't know what it means, and when I take a sleep study, guess what? I don't vibrate for the sleep study.

At this point I don't even care any more, if I vibrate enough that it really upsets my wifes sleep, I drag my pillow downstairs and sleep on the couch.

Maybe I have too many afflictions, or take too many meds.

BTW, I was vibrating well before taking the Adderall, which is a stimulant. So, its not that.

If anyone has any worthwhile input, please do post.

Thanks

Old 06-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
(female)

KaraRae HB User
Re: body vibrating while sleeping

I'm 22 years old and i have also experienced these " vibrations" while sleeping. If I had to compare it to anything I would say it is almost like having a seizure. My whole body feels like a current is passing through it. I have read what others have said and they say that they can reach up and feel their pulse to see if it is racing. I have also seen people suggest to get up and move around when this happens to make them stop. When it happens to me I can not move, open my eyes or speak. Its like I'm paralyzed while its happening but when it stops i feel fine. Everyone I have ever said this to thinks I'm nuts or it is just "one of those things" but there has to be something causing it. Anyone else ever feel paralyzed almost? Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
(male)

vasdef HB User

Well, it seems that the whole body vibration thing might have been caused by the Mirapex med. I was put on Gabapentin for a short time, and the vibration stopped. Although, the Gabapentin didn't help my RLS, I was going crazy with my legs for a month, then went back on the Mirapex. So far, no vibrations...

Old 07-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
(male)

newmoon0709 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraRae View Post
I'm 22 years old and i have also experienced these " vibrations" while sleeping. If I had to compare it to anything I would say it is almost like having a seizure. My whole body feels like a current is passing through it. I have read what others have said and they say that they can reach up and feel their pulse to see if it is racing. I have also seen people suggest to get up and move around when this happens to make them stop. When it happens to me I can not move, open my eyes or speak. Its like I'm paralyzed while its happening but when it stops i feel fine. Everyone I have ever said this to thinks I'm nuts or it is just "one of those things" but there has to be something causing it. Anyone else ever feel paralyzed almost? Help!
Hello

This is EXACTLY what I have got as well. It happens to me quite often. It happened two days ago. Do you know what it is?

Old 07-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
(female)

KaraRae HB User

I have no clue I only have theorys but it is nice to know I'm not the only one!! I was reading on websie and it was talking about a form of sleep apnea where your body goes into a panick attack because you stop breathing so your muscles go into comvulsions in order to wake you up. Then i read about something called "sleep paralyzes" ( not sure how to spell it) and its were your brain wakes up but your body doesn't respond yet so your completly coherent but you can not move. So I'm thinking it is a combination of the two. But again I'm just guessing

Old 08-13-2010, 02:35 AM   #6
(male)

clash HB User

yo kara
Where did u read that comvulsion theory?

Old 08-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
(female)

KaraRae HB User

Im sorry i really can not remember. I just googled " Vibrating while sleeping" and it had to of been on that first page because i did not venture further than that. Sorry hope you find it!

Old 08-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
(male)

clash HB User

Well thanks anyways(for replying).

Old 08-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
(male)

zaroba HB User

don't really know if this has anything to do with the topic, or the problems, but i found this forum when i was looking up info on Lucid Dreaming (which is when your having a dream and are actually aware of it).

one article i had read said that if your self aware when your body enters or leaves REM sleep, numerous feelings can occur including sleep paralysis, rapid vibrations, a twirling sensation, hearing unusual noises, and hallucinations. things which can also be associated with lucid dreams.

i've had all that stuff happen to me, and it can be quite weird.
there's times i was laying in bed while watching tv and i'd fall asleep while still being alert enough to hear the tv and hear myself mildly snoring, but unable to move (sleep paralysis). might suddenly see a bright flash or hear a loud noise and 'wake up' to see nothing was wrong.
i've often experienced vibrations when really tired since i was a kid and have pretty much learned to control them.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #10
(female)

Selina2810 HB User

I'm so glad to find that I'm not the only one who've had this strange experience.

3 nights ago, I awoke to strong vibrations under my hand which was pressed against the mattress. Then I felt the vibrations under my body and under my head on the pillow. I thought it might have been an earthquake. Next I placed my hand on a small pillow which was on my chest and the vibrations were there too. Soon after, sleep overtook me.

The next morning, I awoke and found myself drenched in perspiration although it was chilly in the room. Lying there, I realised that it was my body vibrating the night before as it couldn't have been the pillow on my chest if it was an earthquake.

I don't take alcohol or any kind of medication and I was calm when I awoke.
Am wondering what explanation there could be for this phenomena.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasdef View Post
First off, I have sleep apnea, and have been using Cpap for about 8 yrs.
I take Mirapex for RLS
I have ADHD and Narcolepsy and take Adderall XR for both.
And I take Prozac,Lithium,and Depakote for Bipolar disorder.

As u can see I have a busy schedule, not including work,family and hobbies.

I've noticed postings from others about vibrating while sleeping, but they recall their vibrating. The only reason I know I do is because my wife tells me. I've been vibrating for at least a year or more, and have never recalled it happening.
My sleep doctor doesn't know what it means, and when I take a sleep study, guess what? I don't vibrate for the sleep study.

At this point I don't even care any more, if I vibrate enough that it really upsets my wifes sleep, I drag my pillow downstairs and sleep on the couch.

Maybe I have too many afflictions, or take too many meds.

BTW, I was vibrating well before taking the Adderall, which is a stimulant. So, its not that.

If anyone has any worthwhile input, please do post.

Thanks
Did you ever take ativan?

Old 03-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #12
(male)

Rojo97 HB User

I too have been having the vibrations for about 3 weeks now. My doc hooked me up with a heart monitor but I have come to the conclusion (as have many with similar symptoms) that it is not my heart and I am wasting my time in that direction.
Looking back there are a couple of things that I remember about what happened before they started:

a. the first time it happened was during a meditation session. It brought me up short but subsided almost immediately.

b. about the time it started I pulled a muscle below my left shoulder blade but felt a pang in the chest directly opposite the site on my back at the same time. In fact, while the back no longer bothers me, I can still feel what is best described as bruising on the chest. I cannot recall whether this was before or after the first occurrence.

The vibrations occur mainly at night and continue into the early morning. In fact this morning my wife said she could feel them for the first time. She thought they were centered below my diaphram but could feel them all the way up to my chest and almost onto my shoulder.
I am interested to read more about this from others who also experience it.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:37 PM   #13
(male)

vasdef HB User

no, I don't

Old 03-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi were any of the vibrations present before the meds?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #15
(male)

fjohn HB User

Restless Leg Syndrome.

Closed Thread