It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
(male)

PhilPhil HB User
Can't sleep on my right side

I'm 32 years old. This has been going on for about 2 years. If I try to sleep, nap, or even lay down on my right side for more than a few minutes, I will feel a disturbing sensation in my chest and something I can only describe as a very primitive awareness of "danger."

If I am asleep, I will have disturbing dreams (such as dying and/or people frantically yelling at me to do something). When I wake up from a significant encounter with this, my lips will often feel tingly and a little numb, which quickly subsides. If I am awake, I will notice my heart will start beating harder and I will get the vaguely unpleasant sensation followed by what seems like a very instinctual urge to move.

This almost always happens on a full stomach, and rarely or only mildly happens otherwise. So it sort of gives me the impression that something inside me is getting squished. However I've consulted several doctors who do not think that is the case. I could get carried away dreaming up theories and possibilities to explain it, but I'd rather not do that.

Instead, I'd just like to know if anyone has had similar experiences or know people who have.

I don't remember having this problem until I started taking aspirin regularly.
My health is good but not perfect. I am on antibiotics and aspirin indefinitely, because it relieves symptoms of chronic fatigue and muscle pain. My understanding is that both antibiotics and aspirin can be very irritating to the stomach, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if there is some involvement there.

I have a cardiologist (an excellent one who really listens), because of a mitral valve regurgitation issue that was discovered when I fell ill with the chronic fatigue (and subsequently went away when I started taking antibiotics). He already does ultrasounds of my heart every year and EKGs every six months, and so he can say with some confidence that nothing looks unusual in respect to this issue.

Just curious if anyone's run into this, in the meantime, I don't sleep on my right side (well not for long anyway).

Phil

Last edited by PhilPhil; 11-08-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Can't sleep on my right side

try panadol instead of asprin
some meds can cause strange dreams

Closed Thread