It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
(female)

koollizzy222 HB User
Kick, punch, spit, scream; in real life, while dreaming it

I frequently have vivid nightmares where I try to fight for my life by punching kicking screaming and end up hurting my husband or myself by hitting/kicking the wall. I've even "given up fighting" once in my dream and actually spit at my husband, while spitting at my captor in the dream. I often scream myself awake. And most of the time I know it's a dream, but can't stop the movements and sometimes try to scream and yell myself awake beacause it is so scary. Also, in the last few months (the violence has been a few years, but progressively worse) I started getting night sweats that soak my clothes even though I'm cold, get up to go potty and come back shivering violently cause I'm so cold/wet. Husband gets hurt sometimes when I punch or kick him, but is mostly worried about my emotional health cause my dreams are so scary or emotional sad and upsetting. I worry I'll break a toe, hand or hurt my husband badly with a black eye or something. I don't believe it's "Night Terrors", one because I'm 23 and not 10 years old, and two because I am completely aware of what just happened when I wake up, in fact I remember them for months. ANd even replay those same dreams or continue them. Also I never get out of bed. I am tired alot, have low energy. But don't have sleep apnea. Also I even take an anti-anxiety pill to help me wind-down and sleep. Which I have taken since a kid for insomia. Also, these voilence-to-real-life dreams happen 1-2 times a week. Let me know if you have similar sypmtoms or have the same thing. I don't want to go the the doc quite yet, cause of the cost. Especially without knowing what to get tested for, cause I know she'll just say nightmares oh well. u know? thanx all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
(female)

rlanglois3 HB User
Re: Kick, punch, spit, scream; in real life, while dreaming it

OMG I just most recently started to do this and I am 31 years old. It has me a little worried, the exact same thing (except spit) I am reall close to calling the doctor because I have never done this before and I too go to sleep really cold and wake up in the middle of the night covered in sweat.

Closed Thread