It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
(female)

sandi2932 HB User
What is name of condition in which you can fall asleep while driving etc.?

I have found myself at work getting very very sleeping in the late morning or early afternoon. Sometimes it happens three times a week and sometimes only once week. There I am answering phones all day and I am almost falling asleep and I am trying with all my might to not fall asleep. I was talking to one customer on the phone last week and I thought I was still on the phone with that person and someone else was on the phone. I don't know what happened to the other person. It really scared me. I am not the type of person who takes naps so I don't know what is happening to me. I have also felt that way at church a few times and it's not because the service was boring. :-)

I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine at night and have been sleeping through the night and and feel pretty refreshed in the morning. I don't have issues while driving but mainly just at work and the few times at church.

I know there is a condition where people fall asleep while driving etc. and I want to read up on it to see if I have it. Since it doesn't happen while driving or while I'm talking to people, I don't know if that is what I have or not. A family friend fell asleep all the time and I don't do that.

Thanks!

Old 11-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: What is name of condition in which you can fall asleep while driving etc.?

Are you thinking of narcolepsy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

Perhaps you are not getting enough oxygen intake and it is causing some confusion. Are you under any undue stress? Aside from the apnea do you have any other conditions? Any heart problems? Circulation? Sincerely, searchin

Old 11-13-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

I believe it's called sleep driving.

Try drinking more coffee while you do your work, that will keep you focused and talk about that with your doctor.

Last edited by nochange; 11-13-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Closed Thread