It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
(male)

Jack-77 HB User
Is this sleep apnea?

For a few months now I have been having some strange symptoms. When i wake up in the morning and eat something i feel very very weird. I can't think, I get dizzy, my vision gets blurry. It simply feels like my brain isn't getting enough oxygen. Oh, and my feet get very very cold. I went to the doctor yesterday and all the blood work and everything came back perfect. My thyroid looked perfect as well. I left something at the doctors office and I have to go pick it up today and i was wondering if i should have a quick word with her about it possibly being sleep apnea. I usually only feel this sick after eat the first meal of the day. This is what makes me think it is sleep apnea. There have been some time where i will be falling asleep and stop breathing and i wake up gasping for air but it doesn't happen a lot. It seems kind of stress induced when it does that because I have a lot of anxiety. Any suggestions? I'm starting to get worried because sleep apnea can be very serious. And I've done the waking up gasping for air thing ever since i was very young but like i said it very rarely happens, and i never have trouble sleeping. Once I'm asleep I dont ever wake up. And I've never been told that i snore or make noises in my sleep other than make noises like I'm eating. (smack my mouth)

Old 11-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
(male)

Jack-77 HB User
Re: Is this sleep apnea?

Oh and something else to note. This morning i woke up and drank a little hot chocolate and it did it. It doesn't make sense...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

I am no dr., but will tell you a little of my past because some of it sounds like yours. Years ago, I would wake up, gasping for breath and had no idea as to what it was. It occurred just every now and then over a long time, until one December when I woke up with NO energy. I am a person who has more energy than the average person. My sleep apnea had REALLY caught up to me. Had I known I had it, it would have been taken care of much earlier. Please do me a favor and have a sleep test done; in that way, you will know for certain and if you do have apnea, you will feel much better using the machine.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
(male)

Jack-77 HB User

I have another appointment with my doctor in a couple of weeks and I'll suggest it to her. I really don't think that I have it though because ive never been told that I snore or choke or even stop breathing in my sleep. I suggested it to my family and they said that they knew i didn't have it and that they have been around me while I was sleeping so much that they would know. Everyone tells me that it is anxiety. Even my doctor. She gave me zoloft for it because all tests came back normal. I have always had severe anxiety and I know exactly what it feels like. It's like once i put something into my stomach I start feeling very anxious and nervous and I believe that's what causes the other symptoms. I also came across something on the Internet where when you have a lot of anxiety and stress your body releases more adrenaline and cortisol. So my self diagnosis is I'm waking up and my stress kicks in because I'm nervous I'm gonna feel it once i eat. I eat and the adrenaline and cortisol kick in to put those nutrients I'm giving it in my body as soon as possible. Also I believe what makes it worse is that i don't eat near as much as I should. I'm very skinny for a 19 year old college student. I'm currently trying to increase my diet drastically and gain some weight which is seeming to work. I ate a few cookies the other morning to test it and I didn't feel the same drunk can't concentrate can't think symptoms! This morning i slightly felt it but it wAnt bad at all.
It's very interesting. Oh and I've also noticed that when I'm happy and forget all about noticing those symptoms i don't notice them. I believe it is just a vicious circle. The vicious anxiety circle!

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-14-2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Closed Thread