It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
(male)

Rawrz HB User
Can't sleep.. going on 2 - 3 hours a night..

This has been going for like a month now.. I have trouble falling asleep.. then when I finally do, I only sleep like 2 hours and wake up again.. lay there for another 3 hours.. sleep maybe another hour.. by that time I just give up and tough out the day.. Ive tried Benedryl, Tylenol PM, Meletonin, nothing works. The doctor refuses to prescribe me anything to help because apparently i'm "too young". Anyone know anything else that could help? Its getting harder and harder everyday just to maintain.. blurry vision / sluggish / burning eyes / etc.. Also I realize this is a bit extreme but can you actually die or anything directly from not sleeping? Or is the little sleep I am getting enough to be ok other than the obvious crappy feeling? Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to Rawrz:
cant sleep (04-13-2011)
Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User
Re: Can't sleep.. going on 2 - 3 hours a night..

Your doctor isn't helping you so I'd try another doc. Of course it could be stress that manifests itself at night or you may need a sleep study done. You also could have thyroid problems. If this has been going on along time you might want to get to a doctor that realizes that lack of sleep can cause a host of problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
(female)

cant sleep HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
This has been going for like a month now.. I have trouble falling asleep.. then when I finally do, I only sleep like 2 hours and wake up again.. lay there for another 3 hours.. sleep maybe another hour.. by that time I just give up and tough out the day.. Ive tried Benedryl, Tylenol PM, Meletonin, nothing works. The doctor refuses to prescribe me anything to help because apparently i'm "too young". Anyone know anything else that could help? Its getting harder and harder everyday just to maintain.. blurry vision / sluggish / burning eyes / etc.. Also I realize this is a bit extreme but can you actually die or anything directly from not sleeping? Or is the little sleep I am getting enough to be ok other than the obvious crappy feeling? Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
(female)

cant sleep HB User

Yes I have the same problem. If your having problems with your Dr. then switch to a different dr. I have tried benadryl, unisom and melatonin. I have a hard time getting to sleep then wake up every two hours.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

Check your thyroid. TSH + T4 + T3 or you suffer from chronic pain? back pain?

Closed Thread