It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
(female)

bigred4 HB Userbigred4 HB User
Sleep study

I had a sleep study with 700 miles of wires hooked up to me and I slept like a baby! At home I wake up all night long! I think stress at home effects my sleep. My husband and I live with my Dad who is 89. I love him but living with him is hard. It's like raising my kids all over.

Glad to know I don't have sleep apnea. But got to find a way to reduce stress!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to bigred4:
Cyber Guy (06-01-2011)
Old 05-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
(male)

brandonn HB User
Re: Sleep study

Stress plays a major role in our lives no matter how well we believe we can handle it. It's affects can be quite disruptive, as it sounds in your case. Maybe your answer is to simply ask the doc for something that will lessen the impact that stress is having with a bit of emphasis on helping you sleep. I was put on a very small dose of Clonazepam (0.5mg) before bed. From personal experience I can say that if I take it an hour before I hop in bed, I do not stress or worry nearly as much. I was using this to combat the stress I was having about not being able to sleep, the irony. Good luck to you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
(female)

Fitness Seeker HB UserFitness Seeker HB User
Re: Sleep study

I had the opposite problem! When i was doing the sleep study, the electrodes and all the wires and bandages and restrictions were soooooooo uncomfortable for me, i think i didn't get any sleep.

But stress does definitely contribute, amongst other things. I remember going in for an acpuncture treatment where i would lie on the bed and in a few episodes i did fall asleep there ! And i'm really not the type who falls asleep at home so easily, let alone at other venues.

Closed Thread