It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
(female)

feeze29 HB User
Awakening Suddenly in distress

Suddenly awakening from sleep with my heart beating abnormally. Along with this I have an intense nausea feeling and pain in my upper left chest that goes down the arm. Then feel dizzy and short of breath and feel like could possibly pass out. Sometimes my arms are tingling. It has been occuring NIGHTLY for about 2 months. I even went to the E.R. two weeks ago because I just felt so terrible. Nothing notable was seen by the Dr. He suggested possible apnea. I did a three night at home sleep study last weekend and am waiting on results. In the meantime...I am feeling more and more fatigued. Had an Echo that was unchanged for my Mitral Valve. Had a 24hr Holter that was normal. Lab work which did show Low Vitamin D levels...so the Dr. just put me on 1000 IU per day.

I am here to ask if anyone can relate to these disturbing awakenings? I feel so nervous that they are missing some kind of serious heart trouble or other...Now I am scared to go to sleep.

Thank you for taking the time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Millard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB UserMillard HB User
Re: Awakening Suddenly in distress

Hello,

Awakening suddenly with heart pounding sounds like sleep apnea. Before my sleep study, I did this several times and was very scary. I would awake with everything black. I would finally take a deep breath and the blackness went away and I could see around the room. Using a Bi-PAP, I have not had that experience since and it's been about 5 years.

Good luck.

Millard

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
(female)

phoebe368 HB Userphoebe368 HB User
Re: Awakening Suddenly in distress

this definitely sounds like sleep apnea. you need a sleep study ASAP!

Closed Thread