It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

releek25 HB User
Sleeping starting to scare me

I have been sleepwalking a lot lately and it's starting to scare me. A little background. I have been on birth control for the past 7 months and it's sending my hormones into a tail spin. I am anxious and feel depressed quite often. I have found myself more stressed in this time frame.

First of all, i always remember it the next morning. Do you typically remember something like that? I live by myself and the majority of what i find myself doing is making sure the door is locked. I always snap out of it and at least wake up enough to realize what I'm doing. If I am not alone then I do NOT sleepwalk at all. At least I do not remember and no one has ever told me that I do. That leads me to believe that I have this sub conscious fear of sleeping in a house alone.

Within the past two weeks I've found myself getting out of bed and changing my clothes. I've also found myself trying to call my boyfriend. Both times I have woken up thinking he should be there with me so I need to fix the problem by going to get him (changing clothes) or calling him.

I know there are instances of people driving or leaving thief house when they are sleeping walking and that really scares me. Is this something i should get checked out or just attribute it to it only happening when I'm alone and the anxiety/depression/stress?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
(male)

dknight211 HB Userdknight211 HB User
Re: Sleeping starting to scare me

I have had experiences with sleepwalking for several years when I was younger, and I found that sleepwalking for me occurs if I did things that were overstimulating, like video games or a really exciting event during the day.

I sometimes found myself running down the stairs to get something or checking on the doors or items. It was very strange because during the sleepwalking, it's like your mind is possessed on that task, even though it seems like you're awake during the sleepwalking.

I think that controlling the stress and anxiety would probably reduce the sleepwalking. Easier said then done, I know, from personal experience.

For your immediate concern about leaving the house or driving a car, perhaps an idea might be to make leaving the house or driving a car require un-subconscious thought in order to do. For example, you might lock your house keys and car keys inside a lock box with a number combination. The thought required to remember the combination and work the numbers would prevent the subconscious mind during sleepwalking from being able to get to the keys. Or more likely, your subconscious mind will know and remember that the keys are in the lockbox at night, and if you do sleepwalk, you won't attempt to leave the house or drive a car because you know subconsciously it's not possible.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread