It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
(female)

cassiusitsover HB User
Shaking during sleep

For the past ten years or so, I have found that sometimes when I am asleep, my limbs start to violently shake while I feel like my torso and head are almost glued to the bed. When this happens, I am totally aware of it happening but can't seem to fully wake up. When it first happened, I used to try shouting for help but I'm not sure whether I was actually shouting or just mouthing it.

This stopped happening for about a year or so until recently it's started again. Now I can feel when it is going to happen and my breathing gets ridiculously heavy and quick before it happens but again I can't seem to shake out of it / wake up.

I do talk in my sleep quite a bit and have been known to sleep walk on rare occassions - would this have anything to do with it at all?

Are there any suggestions as to what this is, as it worries me once I wake up from it but I feel stupid going to my doctor about this.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
(female)

phoebe368 HB Userphoebe368 HB User
Re: Shaking during sleep

Sounds like you have several sleep disorders perhaps PLMD periodic limb movement disorder. You should have your sleep evaluated at an overnight sleep study (polysomnography) done at a certified sleep clinic. This test will diagnosis your sleep disorder. Did you know that there are over 80 + known sleep disorders?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
(female)

cassiusitsover HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebe368 View Post
Sounds like you have several sleep disorders perhaps PLMD periodic limb movement disorder. You should have your sleep evaluated at an overnight sleep study (polysomnography) done at a certified sleep clinic. This test will diagnosis your sleep disorder. Did you know that there are over 80 + known sleep disorders?
Oh right, is it anything serious then or just something to get over and deal with sort of thing??

Oh really, wow, didn't know that many things could go wrong with sleeping lol

Old 06-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
(female)

phoebe368 HB Userphoebe368 HB User

If it is disturbing your sleep so much that it affects your sleep quality and ability to get refreshing sleep then I would take it seriously. However, if it is just a nuisance I would tolerate it until it gets worse

Closed Thread