It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
(female)

believeinme HB User
Night sweats at 23 years old, and sleep paralysis

I am 23 years old. I have no idea what's going on with me and I don't know where to post this so I guess here is the best place. I've gained 10 pounds (I was 120-125)
Twice this week I woke up after having nightsweats. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night hot, I just woke up the next morning covered in water. Literally covered. When I went to bed the next night, the mattress was still wet and my clothes were soaked.
Once this week (not on a nightsweat night) I woke up around 2 or 3 in the morning with uncontrollable stomach pain. It was like menstrual cramping except spread out more. I literally rolled around in bed moaning for 1-2 hours barely drifting to sleep and then waking back up again. I thought I had food poisoning. I never got sick though- never had diarrhea or vomiting. My stomach continued to hurt the next day and it is less than a week later and it still bothers me some.
On yet another day, I had predormital sleep paralysis with auditory hallucinations which was the most terrifying thing that has ever happened to me, but I feel like that just happened to be an isolated incident.
It seems like all my weight has gone to my gut. When I stand relaxed in front of the mirror it looks like I'm 4 or 5 months pregnant. This has all gone on in the past week (except the pregnant belly has been around for 2-3 weeks)

I am very tired no matter how much I sleep. For instance, I took a 3 hour nap today and am still exhausted. Some body pain too, especially the right side of my neck and shoulder blade

Any advice?

Last edited by believeinme; 06-19-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User
Re: Night sweats at 23 years old, and sleep paralysis

You either have a low grade fever or it is your time of month that can cause night sweats, considering your age. Gas can cause horrible pain and the stomach will bloat up like your 4 to 6 month pregnant. Stomach bloat and night time sweats can also be caused by hormone changes from your monthly cycle. Sometimes when youíre having stomach problems it can affect your sleeping. These are some of the things I went through

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Closed Thread