It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

KandiiK HB User
Unhappy Help me; Hallucinations followed by panic attack

Hi!

Okay I've been searching the net to find out about what I experience whenever I go to sleep and I've found cases with some of my happenings but nothing with everything I'm experiencing.

Firstly this doesn't happen regularly...the first occurance was some months ago but I summed it up to me overworking and getting little to no sleep. It happened several times throughout that month/period. I was concerned then and went as far as telling my friends about it, but it eventually stop occuring.
Before it stopped I resorted to forcing myself not to sleep or trying to delay my sleep by trying to stay up watching tv until morning. Usually I fell asleep with the tv on and when I woke in the mornings it would still be on. My mom would complain about the tv being on the whole time but I was too embarassed to tell her that I was afraid of falling asleep because I would have some traumatic episodes.

I'm now on vacation couple months after and it has occured 3 times again.

The situation:

Usually I watch tv for a while until I'm a bit tired then I fall asleep...during my sleep I will hear sounds like a bomb ticking or any other disturbing sounds. I also have hallucinations in which my eyes are fully opened in the darkened room (I sleep with the lights off) and yet I see images. During that time I usually blink a lot to check if what I'm seeing is real and it seems very real. These episodes always make me feel like I'm literally going to die.

The last 2 episodes I had were at 2 different locations. At the first location I went to sleep in my cousins bedrooms with my son and I feel asleep and started hearing sounds...I woke up, jumped out of the bed and started pacing the room because I was traumatized and convinced I was going to die.
The other time I experienced this was last night, July 20, 2011. I went to bed and shortly after..possibly within 10-15, I started hallucinating...I doubt I was in deep sleep because at one point I was scanning the room and at 2 sections I saw some objects that made me feel like I was going to die...so again I flew up out of my bed and turn on the light. I was terrified. In all instances I calm down couple minutes after..but I'm unable to recall everything that just happened like what were the symbols/items or the stuff I hallucinated. In the morning I feel like I have partial amnesia of what happened.

Oh...one of my earlier experiences just came back to me...it took a while for me to fall asleep then I heard some noises in my darkened room so I opened my eyes then I started to see some stuff like...grrr it sooo hard to try to remember exactly what they were, but they are always objects...like a sword, rope, just something disturbing. After I saw it I just felt like I was going to die...my limbs started to pain me...mostly my arms and I was convinced I was dying right there and then because I could feel the life draining out of me...starting from my hands. I turned on m light, layed down in my bed for a long time and I even started calling people telling them I wasn't going to make it through the night. I was just terrified to sleep again...eventually I feel asleep after trying to fight it but I only remember bits and pieces of what happened.

I would therefore like to know if anybody else has hear of cases like this so I may get a better understanding of it. I'm convinced its a sleeping disorder...but my major concern is that my hallucinations n panic attacks are associated with me feeling like I'm going to die....No, I don't mean fear of sleeping and dying...I mean that these hallucinations are showing/telling or making me i'm going to die shortly in the exact way that I see it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread