It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

sweetyfeisty HB User
Unhappy Haven't slept in 4 days.

Well, it's not the first time this happens, but the last was while I was still treating my sleep chronic disorder. I've tried everything on my old lists, some of my old pills but I seriously didn't want to go to the emergency room!! - My doctor, at the time,told me that 2 days without any sleep, I should go directly to the emergency room... So, this is going to be night 5, I took 20mg of valium, 5mg alprazolam and 1 adt25... like I did yesterday and in the day before... it's not working!!
Nothing is... If someone could help... really help... I'm going a bit hyper and "crazy" here already

Old 08-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

dee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB Userdee088 HB User
Re: Haven't slept in 4 days.

Hi sweety. Sorry about your loss of sleep. All those meds and still no relief? I too have insomia which by the way they are going to discontinue my meds because they should be used for a short time. Funny, I had insomia since I can remember in jr. high. But this new dr is going to be fired. Also, when I am manic I have been known to go weeks with no sleep. Your dr. probably wants you to go to the hospital because with no sleep you do loose touch with reality. Psychosis, hear and see thing. Talk but make no sense. Hole up in your closet until someone finds you (yep, I did this plus all the others mentioned) It will become very scary. Go to the hospital for some much needed help. If you become too far gone that opens a whole new book of worms and it takes longer to get you back. Wish you the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #3
(female)

ginger spice HB User
Talking Re: Haven't slept in 4 days.

]

Hi there sweetyfeisty, I can relate to your sleep issue. I m being treated by Mayo Clinic and I haven't slept in 7 months..chronic insomnia. The way they practice is very strict. Their ER would kick me out if I went to be treated there.
Re: your meds. is there a reason you are not taking ambien, lunesta or sonata? These are sleep meds that we consider gold standards. They do not work for everyone obviously (like most rxs, your mileage will vary)

Have you gone to a sleep lab yet? I am going tomorrow nite and am terrified. I don't see how I could have sleep apnea if I can't sleep all night and am unable to take naps. Maybe I should bet the lab techs money and put up $100 that I don't have apnea. So after being awake allnight in the hospital, I would have something to look forward to.Gosh, could they skew the results, though???
My best, ginger

Closed Thread