It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
(female)

zombeegirl HB User
Smile Trazodone for sleep - side effects

Hi,
I've been prescribed trazodone 50mg for help sleeping. I already take Zoloft for depression, and Clonazepam as needed (similar to Xanax). The first night I took the trazodone, it worked amazing. I slept soundly and didn't wake up for 8 hours. Very heavy grogginess the next day, but after months of insomnia I didn't care. 2nd night, so-so, waking up a few times through the night. Now 4 days in, I've noticed a definite "window" after I take it, I need to be preparing to go to sleep and not get up and do things or I'll miss the drowsy window that allows me to go to sleep and I'll be up off and on all night. I've experienced one other side effect; vivid and frequent dreams. Not bad ones, just really vivid and seem to continue topic from night to night. I've always dreamt a lot, but this is more so. Just wondering if anyone else has had that side effect and if it goes away as you use it longer.
Thanks

Old 09-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
(female)

Tahjiana HB User
Re: Trazodone for sleep - side effects

Hi, I have insomnia in which I have anxiety and racing thoughts. I take trazadone 200 mg along with 1mg of ativan. I used to take the trazadone with klonopin 1mg for years, but if I missed the klonopin one night then I would feel like crap the next day. For some reason the ativan doesn't do that although they are both in the benzo family. Well I have been on this combo for about 8 years now. It has always worked great for me. Nothing would wake me and I would wake up feeling pretty good. I do have vivid crazy dreams still after 8 years also, but I actually like dreaming It used to take me no time to fall asleep, but recently it has been taking anywhere from two to three hours sometimes. You are suppose to take trazadone with food, but sometimes when I'm laying in bed and not able to sleep I have to get up and actually "binge" on food mostly some type of carbohydrate...so I don't know whats going on with that...I have also been adding 10 mg of melatonin to the trazadone and ativan due to my not falling asleep well. Or even adding another mg of ativan or another 100mg of trazadone. I'm gonna go back to doc soon and see if I can get an increase. But anyways, I'm babbling, I've tried other meds but all in all, the trazadone/ativan or klonopin combo worked, but everyone reacts differently.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
(female)

ejt1024 HB User
Re: Trazodone for sleep - side effects

I recently began 50 mg of Trazodone with the 10mg of Ambien I've been taking for over 8 years. I do sleep better, but I'm walking around pretty groggy in work - not too cool. Wondering fi I should stop the Ambien. Anyone with a suggestion????

Closed Thread