It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
(male)

rodstar HB User
Lunesta

For many years I've had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I am just beginning to experiment with Lunesta. I am taking strength 4 and take it when I would like my betime to be. It doesn't phase me for hours. Then when I finally fall asleep it is just about impossible to wake me.

Has anyone had this sort of experience? Should I increase the time before bedtime to allow Lunesta more time to work for me? I will be seeing my doctor soon, but this seemed so contrary to what the lit. says I thought I'd see if I'm the only peg that doesn't fit.

Thanks in advance.

Rod

Old 03-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
(female)

LovedByGod HB User
Re: Lunesta

Hi Dear,

Everyone is different when it comes to this. I take the 2mg and when I take it, I don't go to bed immediately. I wait about 30-60 minutes because that's when I start to get really tired. It would drive me crazy to just wait in bed because I have racing thoughts (this is the primary reason I have insomnia). For some people, it's safer to go immediately to bed after taking it because they start doing things they don't remember the next day. I don't have this problem. I always remember exactly what I did the last night. You can do a test with yourself. For example, take Lunesta and wait 30-60 minutes. While waiting, write someone a letter right before you to go bed. If you remember it the next day then it is likely that you're just like me. But I only recommend you doing this if you have someone else living with you so they can make sure you'll be okay; that you're not going to go driving or do something else you won't remember.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread