It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

sleeplessinky HB User
Waking up after one hour of sleep

I've had insomnia for many years but never as severe as it has been in the past few months. I usually don't have difficulty falling asleep but I wake up after an hour. I will eventually go back to sleep for maybe 2 hours and I'm wide awake again. If I'm lucky, I end up with 4 hours of unrefreshed sleep. Thia same pattern happens each and every night. I also was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and started CPAP treatment about 6 weeks ago. Wearing the mask hasn't made any difference in my nightly interrupted sleep. habits. This sleep pattern started before I had my sleep study and it continued after getting treatment. I occasionally take Ambien when I'm absoultely desperate for a good night's sleep but avoid taking it on a regular basis. I don't know what to do at this point

Anyone else have this type of insomnia? I'm open to any suggestions.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
(male)

VeryWired HB User
Re: Waking up after one hour of sleep

I've slept that way for decades. I can function, but I'm always tired. I'm of the opinion that if you find a med that works, take it regularly. If Ambien works for you, then take it as often as you need to. I take several different meds, like Trazodone and Lorazepam and rotate them so I don't build a tolerance to them. Every once in awhile I get lucky and get a whole five hours of sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User
Re: Waking up after one hour of sleep

Sometimes pain won't allow us to sleep well.
clonazepam can help with sleep pretty good.

Closed Thread