It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
(male)

willy856 HB User
Sleep Apnea I hope it's not too late

I was just diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. I have been having troubles for years but never thought about sleep apnea, because I sleep like a log. I always complained to my wife that I felt like I never slept. Her response was always that I snored all night, so I must have
slept. The following night I went to bed earlier and felt the same. Must be getting old and it's just the way the old people feel. When I talked to my doctor he said, your getting older. So years go by and now I can't think, remember, concentrate or accomplish anything without massive amounts of caffeine. I used to run five miles a day now I am gaining weight fast. I was not overweight when this problem started.
I would never have had a sleep study if I wasn't a hypochondriac. That's what everyone called me. You're tired because you don't exercise, even though I am very active and have a physical job.
I finally told my primary that I wanted a sleep study because I feel like crap. He was hesitant, because I wasn't fat. But I insisted, all the symptoms fit.
The first test revealed severe sleep apnea. I woke up twice a minute and my oxygen level went down to 75%. I went in and out of rem a few times, but the doctor has never seen it happen like that.
Now after the second test with the Cpap the doc said I have to do another test because of my sinus problem. This process has taken over two months and I still can't function.
What I am worried about is permanent brain damage because of the lack of oxygen and no sleep.
Symptoms include dizziness, sweating, lack of concentration, bad memory, anxiety, bad temper and horrible depression.

I know that anxiety and depression can affect memory too but my fear is that my life is over and I will never get it back.
The doctor actually said that he won't prescribe the Cpap because it won't be effective until he solves my sinus problem.
I have always had bad sinus problems, nothing works, so I just breath out of my mouth.
Has anybody had sleep apnea this bad?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread