It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
(male)

xJVlesmerized HB User
Exclamation Brace youself

Hi new here and would like your guys advice

im 17 years old and ive been having sleep problems for about as long as i can remember. Ive been diagnosed with, lyme disease, low muscle tone, scoliosis, and suffer from chronic pain mostly in my legs, i dont produce cortisol in the morning properly as well. im currently not on any medications because i found the ones i were on were not helpful in any way. ive had 3 sleep studies done before and they all showed that i barley got an hour of rem sleep. including an extended sleep study where i slept for 15 hours and only got a half hour of rem! This has caused me to have to pull out of high school all together and take my classes online. While this is one part of the problem ive been running into another one i cant sleep in my own bed anymore or barley anywhere as a matter of fact. the only place ive been able to fall asleep is the couch in my theater room and thats only after collapsing from the exhaustion of being up for 30+ hours. the problem is i cant seem to get comfortable anywhere ill just toss and turn not being able just to rest. ive been told that i dont have restless leg syndrome but results on my extended sleep study showed over 800+ leg movements through out the night. ive never been actually diagnosed with a disorder or disease of anytype ,mostly due to my age and my lyme diagnosis. im pretty convinced myself its not just a matter of being a good kid and going to bed on time but maybe something else.

Any advice or feedback at all would be much appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
(female)

emerrube HB User
Re: Brace youself

I don't half as many issues as you do, but can relate to some of them. I can go to bed on time as well and have a hard time falling asleep. I also have a hard time getting comfortable a lot of the time, but I know it's not 1/2 as bad as what you are going through...and I still find it very difficult. I have no answers, unfortunately. I'm looking for some myself. Wish I knew...

Closed Thread