It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
(female)

Miyu78 HB User
Sleeping too long to be Healthy

Hello, Iím an 18 year old female and sleep an average of 12 or more hours during a sleeping period.
I can keep myself awake for days at a time on pure will, though I donít do this often, but absolutely cannot force myself to wake up. Alarms are no help. I have disarmed several while still asleep, and have physically attacked people who have tried to wake me up. Iíve recently gotten my schedule somewhat back on track, because I would sleep all day and be awake from 10pm to 8 am then sleep until 10 pm.
I have tried Melatonin but it doesnít help me wake up. I will be rested but wake up with my head feeling groggy and slight headaches with or without melatonin. I do have caffeine on a semi-normal basis, but not every day. I donít do any strenuous activities but do exercise 6 hrs a week. 3hrs every Tuesday and Thursday. To keep a schedule I usually have to force myself to sleep when Iím not tired to get up 12 hours later. I was diagnosed with anima a few years ago, but Iím fine now. Iím a lacto-ovo vegetarian and do not take any supplements.

Sorry for such a long post but... any idea whatís wrong with me?

Last edited by Miyu78; 05-18-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
sleep disorder