It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
(male)

jallen2k10 HB User
Night terrors or just sleepwalking?

Hi all,

The past couple of nights I have stayed over at a grandparents house with some family, and we stayed in the same room. Apparently, according to my cousin, I have gotten out of bed and walked around 2 nights in a row. The first night was around 2 in the morning, and when she mentioned it last night it triggered the experience back to my mind. I remember getting up in a panic, couldn't really control what I was doing but trying to figure out where I was. Sorta like a panic attack I suppose. I ended up walking down the hallway then back to my bed, but I ended up waking up my cousin before doing so. Then again, last night (I don't remember this one) I woke up and was standing over the bed my brother was sleeping in breathing heavily, and when he woke up and asked what was wrong I kept saying I needed to find "some air" and get out of the room. After he asked if I was okay I quickly said "yeah I'm fine" and got back in bed.

The reason this is strange to me is because I used to have a history of having night terrors and sleepwalking when I was younger. I have had nightmares and such sense then, but the last terror I can remember happened my freshmen year in college while living at home, and I was 18 then (I'm 20 now). I know night terrors usually involve screaming and thrashing and such, so I am kinda torn on what I'm really experiencing! Any help on this?

Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
(female)

claud883 HB Userclaud883 HB User
Re: Night terrors or just sleepwalking?

It is not quite known what can cause or what are the causes of nocturnal panic attack and daytime panic attack. In fact, nocturnal panic attack can happen without any obvious triggering factors and can wake anyone up from their sleep. In nocturnal panic attack, the person can wake up from his or her sleep feeling extremely terrified, a sense of impending doom, increased heart rate, fast breathing, sweating, and flushing. In fact, a person who can experience nocturnal panic attack may sometimes think that he or she is having a heart attack, since nocturnal panic attack can mimic heart attack symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread