It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
(male)

renegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB Userrenegaderob18 HB User
Need info on mouth guards

I have sleep apnea and have been using a bipap machine. I am 34 and average way. My airway closes at night which is why im on the bipap machine. Any way my questions is has anyone tried a generic or name brand mouth guard that works and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I know mouth guards may not work for everyone with sleep apnea which is why I want to try to find a cheap one so I don't blow a lot of money and it doesnt work. Any info will be helpful because I've seen mouth guards at wal mart and others advertised on tv, so there are a lot out there. Hopefully I will hear back from someone.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
(female)

doodlegrl08 HB Userdoodlegrl08 HB Userdoodlegrl08 HB User
Re: Need info on mouth guards

Hello! Usually when you have sleep apnea your insurance will pay for you to see a dentist for them to make you one for your mouth structure. The mouth guards that are over the counter do not work properly because they do not fit to everyones mouths. I would call your dentist or see if there is a dentist in town that can make you a mouth guard. Hopefully this helps. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread