It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

skeeterbait8 HB User
Unhappy CPAP & Sinus Headache?

Hello all. My first post and to me it is an important one. I finally picked up my CPAP to use at home yesterday. So last night was my first night with my own. I was hoping that what happened this morning wouldn't happen. After the second night of my sleep study when I woke after using the CPAP I had a bad sinus headache.
Thought that maybe, just maybe it was just time for me to have another sinus headache. I don't get them often but enough to know the difference.
IN an attempt to make a long story short, this morning, yet again I've woke up with a headache.
I had made mention to the doc when I went in last week to get my results. Didn't seem to alarmed that I had mentioned it.

Was wondering if anyone else here that suffered from Sinus problems and used a CPAP had frequent headaches and what if anything could be done for them.

I do go back next week but I'm not looking forward to another day/morning of taking meds to get rid of pain.

skeeterbait8 AKA Dianne

Old 07-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
(male)

fatdaddy HB User
Re: CPAP & Sinus Headache?

I just started on a cpap as well, but I managed to simultaneously get a really nasty cold via my girlfriend and her daughter. What's amazing is I actually felt better even though I knew the cold was mopping the floors with me. (My girlfriend had to stay home sick from work).

Um, well, this isn't advice, but I hacked the technician settings and reduced the pressure. I've been slowly ramping up as I get use to it, but I don't see the harm as it's lower then my therapeutic setting and my alternative was just put it in the closet until I got over my cold.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatdaddy For This Useful Post:
skeeterbait8 (07-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
(female)

skeeterbait8 HB User

I have to come say that after last night I woke up this morning "Headache FREE!".

I really can't tell that huge of a difference yet in my energy level, but maybe in the days/weeks to come it will improve. I'm just very happy to have a day HEADACHE free!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

jerry486 HB User

It is good to hear that your headaches have improved. I just wonder though if your sinus headache could have been caused by the medication you took, like side effects?

Closed Thread