It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
(male)

glennw110 HB User
Sleep Apnea

Hi, I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea. They tested my oxygen levels with an oximeter and they were at 82% while I was sleeping. I went on cpap and it brought my levels back up to 96% with the oximeter test while asleep.
I have been on cpap for 3 weeks but I still feel very tired? Is 82% oxygen levels really that bad and is cpap always succesful in making a person get over extreme fatigue?
Thanks, Glenn

Old 05-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
(male)

Jonithin HB User
Re: Sleep Apnea

I was just told I have sleep apnea. Don't know what the sleep study showed, except that I was awake all night - which I knew; it was awful. Research that I have read suggests that the feeling of sleepiness during the day does not necessarily go away, even though you sleep better at night. I have not yet started the CPAP and am trying to decide if i want to do it. My symptoms are not extreme. Don't know my O2 levels.
It seems that effects of CPAP vary widely with people. There are other reasons for sleepiness I assume. Which is what I will ask my Dr. Like blood pressure meds,
hypothyroidism, etc. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

It took me several months to get over extreme fatigue at first. As to the 82%, to give you an idea, if your oxygen levels were like that during your waking hours you would be at your Dr's being tested for the reason why and likely be on oxygen supplementation. Untreated apnea raises your risk for heart disease, sexual disfunctions, driving accidents, etc. Faithful use of your CPAP is key, even when you nap. As Jonithin mentioned, fatigue may also be caused by other conditions and a thorough checkup with your Dr certainly can't hurt. Best of luck to you both

Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Sleep apnea causes many changes and it took me a few months to get over the daytime sleepiness. It sounds like the CPAP is working according to the improvement in your O2 levels. So please stick with it. You'll gradually notice improvement soon.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
(female)

Terra835 HB User

I have sleep Apnea too and at first I hated the mask but now I dont mind it, My problem is remembering to wear it every night but Im getting better at remembering to wear it every night

Closed Thread