It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
(male)

Skylar1123 HB User
Sleep disorder, need advice.

I'm a teen. Two days ago I missed sleep for like 2 days before finally passing out after taking melatonin. What's wrong with me? am I sleep deprived? Yesterday and today I didn't really have an appetite, I've been having a slight headache, was tired all day yesterday, as well as today (although not a tired), I've also been paranoid and not as sharp as I use to be.

I forgot to mention that this has happened about 3 months ago where I was up for 2 days, and after seeing a doctor that gave me light sleeping medication. It has been fairly normal, I slept an average of 9-10 hours a day since then. But all of a sudden, two days ago , I just could not sleep again.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-21-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:47 AM   #2
(male)

asonor HB User
Talking Re: Sleep disorder, need advice.

If you have sleep disorder then you can take snoring sprays, reduce snoring products and many sleep disorder products are available in the market search on the net and find the perfect solutions there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
Re: Sleep disorder, need advice.

I would say that you are experiencing sleep problems due to being teen-aged and developing. Just as people have problems sleeping because of hormones as adults (stress hormones like cortisol, gender hormones like testosterone level changes, estrogen level changes - and males produce estrogen too just not in the quantities of females and conversely females produce testosterone) all can effect sleep. Hormones are very often the cause of periodic sleep problems.

I wouldn't be too worried about it at this point unless it becomes chronic and happens week after week several days a week. I think it's growing and developing with hormonal and brain changes that might cause this bout of insomnia every so often.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-21-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Closed Thread