It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
(male)

yodachoda HB User
How to get doctor to prescribe Ambien?

Hi, so I recently quit cocaine and need something new to try to get high. JK. I have insomnia, and have had it for about a year now.

I've tried many many different things to get to sleep better. I've tried the following: Melatonin pills, buying a new foam pillow, avoiding screens hours before bedtime, exercising, avoiding caffeine 14 hours before bedtime, valerian root. Some of them worked a little bit (such as exercising). Most had no effect.

Something to note: I don't dream! I had like maybe 6 dreams in the past 3 years. I was shocked when I recently learned that most people dream every night.

So the other day, I tried half a pill of ambien which I borrowed from my mother. Results: It knocked me out within 10 minutes and I quickly fell into a deep sleep. I dreamed for the first time in a LONG time that night. I woke up about 5 hours later and was able to sleep but kind of poorly for the rest of the night. The next day, I felt like my normal self. I felt more alert and refreshed than I have at anytime in the past few years.

Since then, I've gotten a prescription from a doctor but it's for rozerem. So far, the stuff seems to have little effect. I'm still not dreaming. So even though I got only 5 hours of sleep with Ambien, I felt far more refreshed and in a better mood the next day compared to getting 9 hours of sleep with rozerem or 9 hours of sleep without any medications.

How can I get my doctor to prescribe Ambien?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
Re: How to get doctor to prescribe Ambien?

Tell your doctor that you tried one of your mother's ambiens and would like to try that for you next prescription instead of the rozerem. Tell him you feel better in the morning after the ambien.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

I agree- just ask for it by name. Say that you're not getting good sleep on your current Rx, and you've tried Ambien previously and did sleep well. It's not a narcotic, I don't see why a doc would hesitate to write you a script.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
(male)

yodachoda HB User

I'm young...24. and I've heard they're much less willing to write prescriptions for non-older people. Is it true?

Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
(female)

JLS131 HB User

Not true, I took Ambien when I was a teenager for insomnia. It worked decently, but as with all drugs of that nature, I gained a tolerance for it. Eventually I would just take it and not be able to fall asleep, but trip my face off. Not purposely or anything, but heads up, if you take it and don't pass out, you'll see your ceiling flaking off and a small cat climbing your wall (I have no cats).

Old 10-16-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
(female)

cetiya HB User

you need to be aware that ambien can give you blackouts. i would wake up, take all the rest of my ambien, and not even know it. i tried to make a pizza once and only found it by accident in the oven burnt to a black crisp. i'd wake up and look for my ambien and it would all be gone. it can make you do crazy things.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
(male)

yodachoda HB User

Well, I got a month prescription...doc was kinda reluctant to give it though. Can I get you guys' opinions on whether I actually have insomnia and whether pills are necessary? Facts:

1. I wake up incredibly easy. This has occurred throughout my whole life. Slight sounds disturb me easily. Just saying one word to me at anytime at dawn (within like an hour of when I normally wake up), will wake me up.

2. I never ever dream. Well, in the past year I've had maybe 3 dreams. People have said to me, "maybe you just don't remember them.". Well, I don't remember the content of those dreams, but I do remember the fact that I had those dreams.

3. It's impossible for me to change my sleep schedule. Right now I sleep from like 2AM to 9AM. If I need to wake up at, say 6AM, then when I try to sleep at midnight or 11PM, it's impossible.

4. If I'm anxious or nervous about some event or stressed, then I have no chance of sleeping. Thankfully this is pretty rare though.

5. Every day I feel easily irritated and feel like I have less than optimal alertness, concentration, and memory. Sometimes I have a really slight but annoying headache.

6. The one time I tried ambien, I instantly fell into a deep sleep and had a vivid dream (I don't remember the dream, I just remember thinking to myself right when I woke up "wow, that was one vivid dream!"). The day after I tried that pill I felt more mentally alert and in a better mood than at any single day during the past two years or so.

Closed Thread