It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
(male)

rceler HB User
I cant sleep help

My Sleep Problem
Written on 10-11-2012
i work for a police dept. in a civilian position.
I was accepted to go into a police training academy that started Oct 1st. Since a child and teen years i have had repeated panic type episodes but never took any medicine or been treated for this.

so before starting the police academy i decided to go see my General Doctor to see if he could give me a medicine that would help me just in case i got a panic type episode during the academy. My General doctor prescribe me Xanax 0.25mg to take as needed.

on Saturday Sept. 29th 2012 during the morning i decided i would try the Xanax pill just so i can see what effect it would have on me because the academy is very physical and i didnt wanna take a pill that would prevent me from preforming during workouts. i took 1 xanax pill around 1000am on Sat. It made me feel relaxed but do not remember anything eles from taking it. Saturday night around 11pm i slept around 4 hrs and woke up. Early sunday morning i was unable to sleep anymore and stayed awake through the night.

Sunday 09-30-12 evening i was preparing everything for the training that would start monday morning. i felt anxious about the training and stressed so i tried to relax and go to sleep. i was unable to sleep. i wanted to sleep because i knew how physical the training would be and i knew i needed sleep. i tried to take benadrly 50mg and although it made me drowsy i was unable to sleep still. i ended up staying up all night my father notified me of my mother becoming sick as she has been sick lately in and out of the hospital and my dad and mom have been having problems as well as my aunt with my dad having issues. i decided that night that i was not going to go forward with this stressful training because i felt very stressed and overwhelmed with everything going on and i didnt wanna become addicted to xanax or any pills in order to make it through the day or to sleep.

monday 10-01-12 i notified the training staff that i was not going to go through with this training after all. after that i was told to show up and turn in all my training gear. i was also told that they were not sure if i would get my old job back. i felt very tired and restless but i made it through the day and had some meetings with various people from the dept. and end up getting my old job back. they end up placing me to work far from home in los angeles and gave me a grave yard working shift. this night i dont remember sleeping much but i slept some.

Tuesday 10-02-2012 despriate for some sleep and unable to sleep even after trying OTC medicines i decided to try Xanax one more time since i remember it made me relax. i took 1 pill but only slept like 2-3 hrs this night. i again really did not wanna take any pills but i got despriate for sleep.
from tuesday 10-02-2012 till friday10-05-2012 i really havent been able to sleep normal at all some nights no sleep and some nights less then 3 hrs. ive tried herbal tea's for sleep and various OTC medicines but nothing has worked ever since this all started.

friday 10-05-2012 after work i went to a urgent care center to talk with a doctor about this. this doctor i saw prescribed me 25 mg of hydroxcine hcl. told me to try this. i tried this and it just made me drowsy but still i wasn't able to sleep much at all with it

saturday 10-06-2012 i tried to drink some alcohol with a friend to help with sleep, i only slept less then 3 hrs.

the whole weekend saturday 10-06-2012 thru monday 10-08-2012 i hardly slept any i read online about sleep hygine. i read books i tried to relax myself but i just could not sleep i kept my bedroom dark i started to feel hopeless that i would never be able to sleep normal again.

monday 10-08-2012 i visited my general regular doctor again and told him my situation. i told him i did not wanna use xanax because i read online about how addicting it could become and how bad it is for you. He then prescribed me Triazolam .25mg and told me to try this for sleep. when i came home monday night i read about how bad triazolam is for you and how it just like Xanax and is addicting. i did not wanna use this so i once again tried the Hydroxcine HCL 50mg but this once again didnt help much at all. didnt sleep hardly any and now i started to have weird dreams or from what i read are called hypnogogic dreams and myclonic jerks (body jerks).

tuesday 10-09-2012 after becoming despriate for sleep and nothing working at all i tried the Triazolam 1 pill. after taking this 30 mins later i dont remember anything till 530 am i woke.

wednesday 10-10-2012 i really didnt wanna take any pill again but since i just want to sleep and after speaking with friends about all this they said i should continue to take it just because i really hadnt slept normal in a while now. i took 1 triazolam again but this time it only kept me asleep for less then 3 hrs. i experienced a body jerk again and hypnogogic dream that would just keep me waking me up.

thursday 10-11-2012 most of my work day i read about these sleeping pills and how bad they are for your body and how addicting they can become so now i just dont know what to do. i dont wanna become adicted to anything but i also wanna finally sleep normal again. i read about mediation and different relaxation stuff like listening to music or visualzation or reading and staying out of your bed and only using your bed for sleep. i have tried these to some degree but still no results from them. i just wanna sleep normal again and i think without sleeping this is causing more and more stress to me on top of the stress i already have.

i have only took xanax .25mg two times and i only took triazolam .25mg two times that is all that i have taken besides OTC medicines for sleep and herbal teas and metroprolol 25mg for blood pressure but i been taking this for around 8months. also should be noted that during my teens and adulthood from 15-25 i would go out alot with friends and work early sometimes so my sleep was never really balanced or i wouldnt sleep much at times but i was always able to sleep before this whole situation. before if i would lay down to sleep i always would sleep and also take naps whenever i wanted and i would sleep. but now i can not and i fear i lost my ability to sleep i am not sure why at all but i cant control goin to sleep no more no matter how hard i have tried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
(female)

maria098 HB User
Re: I cant sleep help

I have been going through the same thing. Might want to check out thyroid levels and cortisol levels, saliva test for cortisol, find a good open minded md. Also, look into congested liver.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
(male)

rceler HB User

I have had blood tests perform and was told everything was normal.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
(female)

maria098 HB User

did they check free t3? saliva cortisol tests? This is complex stuff, I have been going through it for some time. Congested liver will not show up on exams. Other sex hormones?

Old 10-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
(male)

rceler HB User

No they haven't ... I never heard of that ?? Does that cause you not to be able to sleep ??? I think whatever I'm experiencing is similar to that fatal insomia diease .. lost the ability to sleep

Old 10-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
(male)

rceler HB User

this also all started after i took the xanax 0.25mg pill

Old 10-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
(male)

rceler HB User

also no sleep medicine OTC and i tried Triazolam really work on me?? herbal teas nothing even tried vitamins melatoinen it all dont seem to effect me makes me drowsy but doesnt put me to sleep

Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
(female)

maria098 HB User

it's mostly chemical-neurotransmitters and hormonal. don't analyze it beyond that.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
(male)

rceler HB User

So how did u fix your problem ??? Your sleep problem like mines where you just can't fall asleep or stay asleep

Old 10-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
(female)

maria098 HB User

not enough to cause this. Known many who have taken that, and go right back. if it were really just about that, you don't sleep much for a day and then you are back on. small dose and short amount of time. believe me, I am talking from lots of experience, you don't want to know all the h***l I have been going through with sleep.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
(male)

rceler HB User

Oh ok.. will hopefully you doing better than me Cus i never been the best sleeper but now these past two wks I can sleep at all ... Im not even sure I ever sleep it hard to tell now if I'm awake or actually sleeping....

Old 10-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #12
(female)

maria098 HB User

I know.....find an alternative doc, check out the indicators I told you about, look at richard shames stuff, and think hard before taking actions, study, and read. stop the thyroid madness has info, but don't fall for all their stuff either, can get crazy, i am sure adrenals are big part of it, it is for me. just think and go slow.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #13
(female)

Donna022 HB UserDonna022 HB UserDonna022 HB UserDonna022 HB UserDonna022 HB User

You might find a sleep disorder doctor and have a sleep study done.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #14
(male)

rceler HB User

yes i went to a neurologist who suggested i try a anti-anxiety drug named buspar and try a sleeping pill called rozerem but my insurance does not cover rozerem and i was told its really just a high dose of melatonen, i been taking melatonen vitamins so probaley wont be worth it anyhow.

i used triazolam only 2 xs and it worked the first time i tryed it but second time it did not do much. i dont wanna become adicted and this really all started the first time i tryed xanax before that i was fine. so idk if its something in my brain thats causing this or it the xanax my body reacted bad to it and now cant induce sleep

Old 10-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
(female)

Donna022 HB UserDonna022 HB UserDonna022 HB UserDonna022 HB UserDonna022 HB User

a neurologist and a sleep disorder doctor are very different doctors.

idk but i dont think you will get addicted because of taking one pill one night, but heck, what do i know....

Closed Thread