It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
(male)

rolf838 HB User
Question Long time to get to sleep but then too much sleep

I'm a teen and so of course still at school and so have to wake up around 7:00am everyday... Now thats where my problem starts i seem to need at least 16+ hours of sleep to AVOID TIREDNESS i have not been well rested since i can remember is this something that i should be careful of if so is there any way i can treat this because since my average time for bed is around 9-9:30pm i get10 hours of sleep which leaves me feeling like i got 4. Due to this i have a tiny attention span, can't focus, miss things and have to try and keep my self from falling asleep at all hours

My other issue which could be related (Please answer) is that it takes me a long long time to get to sleep sometimes an hour but most of my friends take 5-15 minutes please help!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
:Rofltauren

Last edited by mod85; 11-11-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
(female)

foramora HB User
Re: Long time to get to sleep but then too much sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf838 View Post
I'm a teen and so of course still at school and so have to wake up around 7:00am everyday... Now thats where my problem starts i seem to need at least 16+ hours of sleep to AVOID TIREDNESS i have not been well rested since i can remember is this something that i should be careful of if so is there any way i can treat this because since my average time for bed is around 9-9:30pm i get10 hours of sleep which leaves me feeling like i got 4. Due to this i have a tiny attention span, can't focus, miss things and have to try and keep my self from falling asleep at all hours

My other issue which could be related (Please answer) is that it takes me a long long time to get to sleep sometimes an hour but most of my friends take 5-15 minutes please help!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
:Rofltauren
I have trouble with sleep too but it sounds like you have it a lot worse. It might be that, even though you're getting to sleep, you're not getting that deep REM sleep; i've had the same problems in the past. That sounds like your sleep cycle might be wonky. I've taken supplements with the intended purpose of regulating sleep activity rather than sleeping pills (to make you drowsy) and that helped me get that restful feeling.

Also, you might be having trouble falling asleep if laying in bed is a constant struggle. If you spend a lot of time in bed besides sleeping (i.e. do homework/play games/whatever) on the bed in conditions your body to not connect the bed with sleeping.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

eric909 HB User
Re: Long time to get to sleep but then too much sleep

I could really relate to this, when I was still a student, it seems I need to sleep more than 8 hours but I can't, I need to wake up very early for school and the worst problem, I can't sleep early because I need to study and do the home work. I am glad I have no problem in sleeping, I can sleep for about 5-10 minutes, but if I have some problems or there is bugging in my mind, I could sleep after 1 hour. Maybe you are stressed that's why you cannot sleep immediately.

Closed Thread