It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

workinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB User
Banana with peanut butter & chamomile Tea?

just had that and then took my Melatonin. Hoping it helps me sleep faster and longer. Anyone else have any tried and truely helpful things to eat to help you fall asleep and sleep better? I"m really trying to stay off the Ambien and not sure how safe Melatonin is to take long term?

Thanks.
Arthritis
Herniations
Spurs

Old 01-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
Re: Banana with peanut butter & chamomile Tea?

I never found any foods that helped me sleep. I used to drink Sleepy Time Extra tea that had valerian root in it. Or the regular Sleep Time chamomile tea.

During a bad bout of insomnia, I took a timed release melatonin nightly for about 6 months then sporadically for another 3 months. When I felt like I was getting more on track on my own, I quit taking it and had no rebound effects from stopping it.

Report back on your nighttime snack and let us know if it worked for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

workinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB Userworkinmom572 HB User

I did sleep well, just not sure of course if it was the snack or not. Just had my tea again and am not hungry enough to eat a banana, but I did take a Melatonin and one Benadryl as I have serious issues if my husband is home and in bed as he snores so I get psyched up that I wont be able to sleep well.
Arthritis
Herniations
Spurs

Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

I'm glad you slept well!

My husband doesn't snore a lot but when he does, it is really hard to ignore. If I'm really, really tired and not having any troubles with my sleep, I can sleep through it. When my insomnia was at it's worst, he slept in the guest room for about a month because the apprehension of him snoring on top of my anxiety about sleep made it impossible for me to not get nervous about sleep.

It was really nice of him, but I felt horrible having him sleep in the guest room. I'm glad I'm past the worst and managing pretty well. Still have some bad nights but nothing like I used to have.

Closed Thread