It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
(female)

irishliz1962 HB User
sleep apnea severe

I have sleep apnea my results say when i went to sleep my oxygen was 99% during sleep went to 77% they say i have severe sleep apnea, can I die of this condition if left untreated??? Please tell me if my oxygen goes low is my brain being effected like brain damage from this/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User
Re: sleep apnea severe

It certainly won't help to not get treated. It can cause blood pressure problems and heart problems. It causes daytime drowsiness which puts you and everyone else on the road at risk every time you drive. It can lead to cardiac events and liver problems. All that being said, the treatment is very easy to do to prevent these problems. I've been on a CPAP for years. If only everything else were so easy to treat, LOL. The sleep board right here is very helpful too, if you have any other concerns.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread