It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
(female)

lauwren86 HB User
Weird sleeping issues

I'm going to try and word this the best way I know how but it's really hard to explain. Sometimes when I'm "sleeping" (and I say it like that because I'm not even really sure I'm sleeping, I'm just assuming considering it only happens at night after I've been in bed for a long time and usually after I've had some kind of nightmare) I feel like I've just woken up, I stare off into the darkness and then I feel this strange sensation. It starts inwardly and radiates out, the best way to describe it is almost like what I would imagine a seizure would feel like, but my body isn't moving. As it radiates out it makes my ears kind of pop like they do when you're on an airplane. After this happens I am completely paralyzed, no matter how hard I try I can't move ANYTHING except my mouth, I can move it as if I'm talking but I can't get even so much as a squeak out. I have no clue what could cause something like this, any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
(male)

superqqi HB User
Re: Weird sleeping issues

That sounds exactly like what I was about to post about. I have been a heavy meth user for years.For awhile, yrs. ago, I started having these extremely intenses "dreams" It was right as i would dose off,usually ragged from weeks of abuse, but I can see out my lids barely and it's as if i'm exploding through my head from deep inside. My skull feels like it's gonna rattle off. My ears scream and my vision quakes. I fight with all my might every time i experience this. I FIGHT!!!! This is one of the most terrifying sensations I have ever experienced. I wake up weak, or as though I'm clawing over the edge of some mile high mountain peak. I wonder during the episodes though, while it's going on, I wonder if if I'm dying or if this is a lucid dream and maybe i read just enough in "that book" to screw up some brain synapse that I wasn't authorized to use. I always wanna see how far it goes, though, but it is THE MOST INTENSE, terrifyingly intense sensation. it's like the world is breaking apart in you...your head. I get mentally gassed just trying to explain it cause i relive it. It happens rarely these days, but it's always in my mind as i put my head down for the night. Ive tried to get my girlfriend to try and catch if i was spastic in my face or stiff limbed. she never did...but I know this is real because my cousin and my buddy listened to my description and said they thought they may have had similar episodes. usu. always when coming down.

I found a similar subject through my dictionary...hypnopompic. I read the def. and my brain instantly tensed up thinking of those "dreams". it's the opposite of my thing but it is in that twilight between, most always going into sleep. I dont really know though...I know i'm aware during these brain storms. sorryman i think i responded to you. my first post.sorry if i did it wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
(female)

lauwren86 HB User
Re: Weird sleeping issues

Thank you for your response. What you're describing sounds similar, but it's not quite so intense for me. I know what I have isn't drug or alcohol related because I don't use drugs and never really have other than marijuana in high school and I rarely drink so I don't think that's a factor (though maybe that's why our sensations are similar and yours are more intense? Idk though, obviously I have no clue what any of this is lol) For me it's more like when you're on a rollercoaster and you feel that drop in your stomach, only that feeling radiates out (if that makes any sense? I've never had such a hard time describing how something feels!). Or then once it gets to my head, it's like if you've ever hit the top of your head really hard and your teeth jam together and you get that shockwave of vibrating pain, as if your head was a bell and someone hit it. It feels like that without the pain. Yeah, that's about the best description I can come up with. It's so frustrating to not be able to really describe it to anyone without sounding like a lunatic! Thank you also for that term, I'm going to look it up and see if it leads anywhere

Closed Thread