It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

cazstarlight HB User
Unhappy Noticeable, Heavy Heartbeat

Lately I've been getting this noticeable, heavy, and possible irregular heartbeat when I sleep and after I wake up.
This has been going on since around October or November. It used to happen infrequently, but now has been happening every time I sleep. This heartbeat also used to calm down by the time I was ready for my day, but now it's been lasting longer and longer (for example it's been an hour since I woke up and I can still feel it).
I don't know what to do, since it makes me uncomfortable and very slightly nauseous.

If anyone has any ideas of what it could be, please let me know!

(Also, I've recently developed an addiction to caffeine. I've been two days without it and I intend to continue. I'm not sure if that would effect this.)

((I was also hospitalized two years ago after arriving at an emergency room dehydrated with a stomach flu, and I was transported to the ICU of a hospital due to an irregular, fast heartbeat that they couldn't slow down. It calmed down though and I was released the next day. Not sure if that's related since it happened so long ago.)

Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Noticeable, Heavy Heartbeat

Glad that you're cutting out the caffeine, that certainly can account for a funky heartbeat. I think it's time for you to make an appointment with your internist.
The beat can be something totally benign, but since it's hanging around so much lately, investigate what exactly is going on, rather than guessing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
(female)

cazstarlight HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotato13 View Post
Glad that you're cutting out the caffeine, that certainly can account for a funky heartbeat. I think it's time for you to make an appointment with your internist.
The beat can be something totally benign, but since it's hanging around so much lately, investigate what exactly is going on, rather than guessing.
I finally broke down around an hour ago and did just that. The receptionist said that I should come in ASAP, so I'm going in Friday morning. Thank you though!

Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User

Please let me know what happened, will you? Your post can help thousands of others with the same symptoms.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
(female)

cazstarlight HB User

Will do! I know it's frustrating when I try to google my problems and nothing shows up.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

what did the doc say?

Closed Thread

Tags
caffeine, heart, heartbeat, sleep, sleep problems