It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2001, 06:26 AM   #1

Babernethy HB User
Post Vitamin B supplements help sleep

I started taking Vitamin B Complex (Natural based 50mg) per day about 5 years ago to combat stress and the 'tired feeling' I was getting every day about 2 pm...I would occasionally fall asleep or 'crash' as I used to call it. I must say that I have NEVER been a sound sleeper since childhood.
I started taking the vitmin B to increase my stamina as I have read that due to processing, very little vitamin B is in food anymore, except Liver and Spinach, neither of which I will eat in quantity (no liver at all and spinache only in salad). I also took it for stress reduction...I work in a High School and have 2 other jobs...part time actor and contractor.
I realized the 'side effect' of Vitamin B after about a week...for the first time in my life I was sleeping through the night and waking up rested!
Pick some up...if nothing else you will have more energy during the day!

B

Old 01-04-2001, 11:52 PM   #2

TrickyDick HB User
Hey great, your right about B complex. Something else you need to take if you don't eat a lot of veggies and/or smoke or drink is Zinc.
peace

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2001, 12:48 PM   #3

Babernethy HB User
Trickydick;
Hey great, your right about B complex. Something else you need to take if you don't eat a lot of veggies and/or smoke or drink is Zinc.

I eat lots of veggies...mostly carrots and broccoli as I have a BEAN allergy, and I do take Zinc also...(chelated 20mg per day) and 250 mg of C. I don't believe that these help sleep in any way...as I was on them long before for acne and to build up my immune system after being on drugs for ADD for several years. I have been on a totaly natural diet for 10 years, and although my sleep had been better than when I was a child, it did not gewt near this good until I started the Vitamin B...less stress, more energy and better sleep...great stuff!
B

Closed Thread