It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB User
seroquel and sleep apnea

Hi there

I've been diagnosed with mild to moderate sleep apnea. So far I've not been put on CPAP machine or anything. And I'm not overweight. I've also been diagnosed with RLS at night.

I'm not sleeping well for other reasons. (I have other health issues causing chronic pain that can make it difficult to fall asleep or I wake up from pain). I'm currently on a low dose of clonazapam but I don't think its helping me sleep anymore because I've been on it for a while and I've built up tolerance.

I'm also depressed. And I'm allergic to prozac which rules out alot of the new antidepressants I tried Welbutrin previously and it helped with the depression but I couldn't sleep while I was on it.

Sorry for all of the background but basically my psychiatrist is suggesting putting me back on the welbutrin but with a low dose of seroquel because seroquel apparent really knocks you out and I'll sleep (and wean me off the clonazapam).

My question is this = is it safe to take Seroquel in light of the sleep apnea? My body wakes myself up now when I stop breathing and I guess I'm afraid that if I'm really knocked out my body won't do this. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 AM   #2
(female)

cetiya HB User
Re: seroquel and sleep apnea

I have had sleep apnea in the past and on large amounts of seroquel. I would wake myself up when I tried to sleep on my back. So you should be ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB UserCanuck65 HB User
Re: seroquel and sleep apnea

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetiya View Post
I have had sleep apnea in the past and on large amounts of seroquel. I would wake myself up when I tried to sleep on my back. So you should be ok.
Thanks!

Closed Thread