It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2003, 01:16 AM   #1

Invincible HB User
Time to take a head count! - Non-Smokers - Report In Please!!

OK - who is a non-smoker here?

There's me
Laurie
Deda
Jim
Sherrie (NCGirl)

Who else??

Old 12-19-2003, 03:20 AM   #2

Invincible HB User
Re: Time to take a head count! - Non-Smokers - Report In Please!!

Also, Just wanted to say Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!

The best thing about this Christmas/New Year is.. I won't have to do the same old resolution .. 'I wanna give up smoking' - coz it's already done!! LOL!!

Isn't that great? No more guilt and stupid back chat, saying what losers we are!!

It's great to be free.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2003, 04:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User

I am.

Quit on the night of 1st August this year and havent' looked back nor slipped up since.

Inhibited Perfectionist

Old 12-19-2003, 04:48 AM   #4

Invincible HB User

Hi Redhead - thats' great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done - Nearly 5 months - woweeeeee!! *Fanfare*

OK, that's 6 of us. Cool! :-)

Old 12-19-2003, 11:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LL29 HB User

Jordan, my dog, he quit smokin same time I did. LMAOOTF HA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA Technically he really did since I was smokin enough for two and in the house - poor guy. No wonder he's all over me now. LOL

Redhead that's great - did you pick up any other habits? Did you gain any weight or how is your metabolism now? Are you exercising more now? Inquiring exsmoker minds wanna know. LOL Congrats on the 5 months - that's awesome

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR - but you'll see me almost every day including xmas since I'm working most of it. So come out and keep me company if you get bored. Do it even if you don't get bored. HAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAA Ok Laurie is very silly today - had some xmas cake - they must've added alcohol this time. LOL

Laurie

Old 12-19-2003, 01:25 PM   #6

Invincible HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL29
HAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAA Ok Laurie is very silly today - had some xmas cake - they must've added alcohol this time. LOL
Keep adding the alcohol - ohh. here Laurie, let me pour you a large glass of something super intoxicating.. I love it when you're giggly *hick* LOL!!!!

Old 12-24-2003, 09:55 PM   #7

ar3030 HB User
Smile Re: Time to take a head count! - Non-Smokers - Report In Please!!

Non smoker here, 3 weeks 2 days. Not as fortunate as others that are having an easier go at it. I am mean to the ones that I hold dearest and do not like myself for that. I am having a hard time sleeping and feel very poor most of the time.

Old 12-25-2003, 11:46 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

ar3030- -

Hang in there ar3030...it WILL get easier. I still go through hard times, and almost gave up the other day. But I didn't, and I'm grateful.

Just hold on, it won't always be as bad as it is now, I promise you.

Being that it's Christmas, i just wanted to do a quick check here, but I'll post more to you later.

Merry Christmas,
DEDA

Old 12-26-2003, 08:23 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

LL29 HB User

Sorry Invinc - I fell into the bowl of spiked egg nog for almost a week. Hick LOL

Ar3030 - It's been 36 days for me and we've ALL had our go round with wanting one. You figure - some days we just don't talk about how hard it is so we can stay strong for ourselves and others, but we've all been there done that.

You just have to remind yourself why it is that you felt so strongly about quitting. Not to mention, that first cig smoked after you've quit is never all that we dream it would be. I've quit before - not for any huge length of time - but a week and when I smoked that first cig I was sooooooooooooo disappointed. I had to smoke about 4 before I even felt what I orig. wanted and then I was upset with myself for smoking again and then you had to go thru the pain all over again.

The good thing is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You're at that weird period - for some strange reason I was miserable around the same time as you but it passes. Just stay strong and pray

Laurie

Old 12-30-2003, 03:20 PM   #10

Invincible HB User

Anyone else?

Or is it just a bunch of fat old timers hanging around the board? OINK!!!

Old 12-30-2003, 04:49 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

ar3030--

Wondering how you are doing? Hope you made it through. If not, it's okay, just do it again.

Invincible---oinkees to you. My nose is starting to get flat.
DEDA

Closed Thread