It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2004, 12:06 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
Question Funny odd taste in mouth???

Anyone ever have a weird taste in their mouth since they quit smoking?

It comes and goes, and some days I don't even have it. Can't describe the taste exactly, but it tastes like a chemical taste, and sometimes like hairspray, (in my throat at times, or in my mouth other times).

Just wanted to know if anyone else gets this. I never noticed it before, but the last few weeks is when it really started. Maybe it's my thyroid problem causing it, I don't know. It's starting to worry me a little. When I do have it, even brushing my teeth and rinsing with Listerine doesn't get rid of it.

Thanks,
DEDA

Old 04-02-2004, 12:22 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User
Re: Funny odd taste in mouth???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda
Anyone ever have a weird taste in their mouth since they quit smoking?

It comes and goes, and some days I don't even have it. Can't describe the taste exactly, but it tastes like a chemical taste, and sometimes like hairspray, (in my throat at times, or in my mouth other times).

Just wanted to know if anyone else gets this. I never noticed it before, but the last few weeks is when it really started. Maybe it's my thyroid problem causing it, I don't know. It's starting to worry me a little. When I do have it, even brushing my teeth and rinsing with Listerine doesn't get rid of it.

Thanks,
DEDA
I am pretty sure that you are getting your sense of taste back

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2004, 05:43 AM   #3

badbackdavid HB User

Deda,

Here's another copy/paste. I hope it helps and this seems to be a normal physical withdrawal symptom.

Take care,

Dave

Are you noticing the horrible odors rising up from healing lungs as they exhale, cough and flush years of tar buildup within notice of healing taste buds and a more accurate sense of smell? Picturing the slow healing of deeply marinated gum, cheek and tongue tissues impregnated by years of thousands of passing chemicals may be more accurate than you think. Depending on how long we smoked it could take some time for these tastes and odors to totally dissipate. Cell healing, time, oxygen rich blood, and fluids will keep mouth, nasal, throat and respiratory tissues on the road to maximum recovery. Brushing a bit more frequently and mouthwash should help control the odors that will continue to be released from both dead and recovering cells.

Old 04-02-2004, 10:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Thanks Betty and Dave!

Dave, thanks for copying that for me. I'm stunned, as I didn't think my quitting smoking really had anything to do with it!! Weird, the things that occur after we quit!
I feel much less worried now!!! And thank you Dave, you really are an assest to all of us on this board.

DEDA

Closed Thread