It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2005, 04:32 PM   #16
(female)

RAGAN HB User
Re: 2nd day SMOKE FREE

Thanks so much, I sure hope you are right......NO, I take that back, I know I can do it Maybe with that attitude I will be able to do it Thanks again soooo much, this board really helps when I have no where else to turn to

Old 05-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Regan,

Just do it now and donít look back. I think everyone is willing to bend the rules for you this time O.K? If you get thru two or three weeks now we can overlook you messing up and give you the first week back as credit. At 3 weeks you will have a month O.K?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 12:54 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
Thumbs up Re: 2nd day SMOKE FREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGAN
Starting tomorrow (TUE.) I am putting them down and i realllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope for good this time. Maybe this was a lesson learned and I will stick to it this time. UUGHH I am so DOWN ON MYSELF.

I HAVE TO DO IT THIS TIME!!!!

Hey Ragan....

And please don't just put that pack "down"....make sure you destroy them first, and then throw them away!! Not good leaving any where you can get to them. so toss em all out! And good luck this TUES., girlfriend...we're here for ya!
Deda

Old 05-31-2005, 07:25 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Hey Regan,

You can do it!!! Deda is so right!!! See how easy they break or snap? You are stronger than those stupid paper things. They are just way too gross.

Go, Go, Gooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Last edited by Johnster; 05-31-2005 at 07:26 AM.

Old 05-31-2005, 10:57 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
Thumbs up Re: 2nd day SMOKE FREE

Hey Ragan- -It's TUESDAY today....how ya doing girlfriend???? We are here for you today, and in the future. Take all of these great tips from this board, and get yourself going...we know you can do it! Here's a little angel to watch over you in these next few days..

Good Luck Ragan!!!

Deda

Old 05-31-2005, 11:04 AM   #21
(female)

RAGAN HB User

awww, thanks so much to all of you!! It is 1:00 PM, TUE. and so far,,,,so good!!! But what I am worried about is, last time I did great the first couple of days and then it got hard for me. I am tryin to keep my mind busy today. I will be back online in a lil bit. Thanks so much, you guys are the best!!

Old 05-31-2005, 11:16 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Way to go, Ragan!!! Happy quitting day to you!

Have you ever considered trying nicotene replacement therapy? (Have you ever tried it?) It really does help, a lot. Some of us couldn't quit without it. Like me...
Don't give up...BE STRONG!!!
Hugs...
Deda

Old 05-31-2005, 01:32 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Ragan,

Hope all is going GREAT!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!! Deda may be right. I did do the patch too. I didnít use it the same as most people though, so maybe it worked different for me. I bought that step1 deal as a 2 week supply box. I used it for a week and by the end of the first day week #2 I couldnít stand that patch anymore so I took it off and roughed it. I COULD TASTE THAT NICOTEEN IN MY MOUTH. All from the patch. It grossed me out so much smelling and tasting that even though I hadnít touched a cig in over a week. Keep it up.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:30 PM   #24
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

U go Girl!!!We are here to help...U have to to what they said and break them up, if u don't u may be tempted to dig in the can and get them out like I did...Break um, rip um, step on em...... Do what ever, just dont smoke them.....

Ralinda

Last edited by Ralinda30; 05-31-2005 at 04:32 PM.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:28 PM   #25
(female)

RAGAN HB User

Hey there, well....I have not told anyone this, I guess I kinda wanted to act like it never happened, because I felt sooooo guilty, BUT here it goes::

My daughter, she is 5 years old, will be 6 on June 11th. Well, she has been asking me for months to stop smoking. She tells me: "Mommy, please don't smoke, you will get cancer and die" and... "I don't want you to die mommy" It really breaks my heart for my 5 yr old to be worried about me. I don't know how she knows, maybe from TV , or somewhere else, I have always told her that cigs are NASTY and to never do them. But then , she sees her mommy doing what I tell her to never do. This makes me feel so guilty that I have smoked the last months with her begging me not to, and I did it anyway!!! I am 26 yr old, and she is my blessing. I had a complete hysterctomy 3 weeks ago and she will be my one and only child.

This morning, I let her break all my cigs up for me. I have never let her touch them, but today she broke all of them in peices, (with me there to watch), she is so proud of me. Thanks everyone for all of your kind words. It really means so much to me. Even tho I dont know any of you in person,,,,It feels like I have known you guys for awhile. Thanks again soooo MUCH. Ragan

Old 05-31-2005, 05:59 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Hi Ragan...
I'm so proud of you girl! How wonderful that you made that commitment right there with your little one! Now you know, she's going to hold you up to it!
I know all about those lectures from the kids. I used to get them constantly from mine when they were growing up. My son is now 31 and my dd is like you, 26, and thankfully, they have never smoked. They hate it, in fact! I am truly grateful, as children of smokers will usually become smokers, especially daughters of moms who smoke. So GOOD FOR YOU, Ragan! And whenever you're tempted, think of your little girl...you want to be here for her while she is growing up, right? And then you'll want to see her get married, have babies, etc. So you know you must quit smoking...now! Keep up the good work, Ragan, and listen to that VERY SMART little girl of yours!!
xxxDeda

Old 06-01-2005, 08:08 AM   #27
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Ragan,

You may have found the best approach for you for this!!! I know it sounds bad but maybe you should see what one daughter asks in the Lung and respiratory disorder section. Emphysema-what to expect? I and other X 5 year olds responded to it 3 or 4 days ago. Give it to her for a real birthday gift. If my mom gave me that at five she would have been there for my 41st. I also would have been speared having to watch her suffer. Time goes by fast!!!! Why do that to her???
God Bless
John

Old 06-02-2005, 06:14 AM   #28
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Ragan,

Hope all went well yesterday. Keep it up!!! You will do it this time!!!!

Old 06-02-2005, 08:00 AM   #29
(female)

RAGAN HB User

Thanks, I am doing well. BUT I bet I gain alot of weight now tho. LOL!! I went and got me 2 orders of chili cheese fries from DQ yesterday., I weight 117 lbs, but I am sure that will chage fast now. ha!! Is it normal to eat alot when stopping smoking? All I can think about is FOOD. Owell, I am keeping busy. I cleaned house , (I cant do too much, since my surgery) but i am tryin to keep busy as much as I can. I will write more in a bit. Thanks so much everyone

Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Ragan,

Yes unfortunately your right. Some people do gain weight afterwards. It is the less of two evils though. Donít use it as an excuse to go back either like some people I have seen. You have enough to stress over with withdrawal to concern yourself with that at the moment. When the cravings go away down the road, then you can work on the weight if it really does becomes a problem. Yes I see the fries being a normal reaction too. This is perfectly normal as the habit part of smoking. We are used to our hands gratifying the mouth with what we want when we smoke. Now you once again do it with food. I have seen some people quit by eating nuts. The kind you break yourself. They say that when they kept their hands and mouth busy it worked for them. Some people do or eat other things to help that or are more healthy and less fattening. I think everyone can find some things that may help them through this. The key is to carry it through until the hard cravings stop!!!!!!!!!! All us Xís will agree they will stop. You know when it starts to getting easier? When you get past the time you just missed when you fell off before. Each day beyond that day it gets better if you can just hang in there. On those days after that every day the cravings not only get less frequent everyday but also last less time each day too!!!! It starts to get exciting when you realize that!!! Hang in there. They say itís probably one of the hardest things someone can do, but it is VERY DOABLE. We are all living proof here supporting you because we know it for sure!!!! We also know how harmful it is to you and your family. We want to see you DO IT!!!!!

Good luck and God Bless
John

Last edited by Johnster; 06-02-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Closed Thread