It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2005, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

RAGAN HB User
2nd day SMOKE FREE

Hello everyone! Yesterday I went my first day smoke free. I was smoking 1 pack a day. Today I really did not even think about it much.

The weird thing is,.. I feel so much better already. My headaches are better, I breathe better, I have more energy, ALL THIS IN JUST 2 DAYS

I think I am going to do okay, everytime I have stopped in the past, I always get upset about something and go right back to it. I hope I make it this time. Good luck to all of you out there!!

Old 05-21-2005, 09:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
Re: 2nd day SMOKE FREE

Way to go Ragan!!! Congratulations! You sound very determined. Getting upset has sent many of us back to the cigs too, but eventually we come to our final quit, and decide it's just not worth it! There's always going to be pressures and stresses in our lives no matter what, we just need to learn to deal with them without smoking. That's what I'm learning to do now, still. And it's working this time, as it's been 20 months since I quit!
Best of luck to you, and please let us know how you get along...don't give in!
Deda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

Great Ragan! I smoked for 16 years and have been smoke free since January 03..U will feel so much better,breath better, and smell better...I wish you the best of luck....Ralinda

Old 05-22-2005, 07:55 PM   #4
(female)

RAGAN HB User

Thanks soooo much to both of you. It really helps to have someone to talk to that has been through the same thing!! Well.......I made it through my 3rd day!! Tomorrow I will be ON MY 4TH!!!! I am amazed at how much better I feel already. I thought it would take forever. I have smoked a pack a day for the longest. I am 26 yr old, I want to stop now before I get any older. I cross my fingers it works, this is like my 4th time stopping. I PRAY THIS IS THE TIME!!! THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH!!! RAGAN

Old 05-22-2005, 09:18 PM   #5
(female)

RAGAN HB User

oH No, something came over me and I feel like I really need a smoke, I don't know what it is, I have NOT smoked yet....SO, I got on this board to read, maybe that will help. Is there anyway to get a natural high or something to help this, Maybe lots of coffee?? LOL.. and I don't even drink coffee. I HOPE I make it through the night. If I dont stop this time, I feel I never will!!!

Old 05-23-2005, 01:34 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Ragan- -

Don't do it girl...you will regret it. Aw, the natural high...? That's why I quit with patches. I couldn't of done it without! Do whatever you have to do to quit! It beats smoking...
Deda

Old 05-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

Ragan, DON'T do it....Go for a walk, call a friend do anything...i still think about a smoke everyday. But I think of how much better i feel.Try and distract yourself somehow.It will get better i promise...Ralinda

Old 05-24-2005, 07:50 AM   #8
(female)

RAGAN HB User

Okay, thanks everyone for the reply. I did make it, Today I am on my 5th day. I feel soooooo NERVOUS for some reason. I don't have a reason to feel this way, its like a weird nervous feeling, like my body wants a smoke so bad. Thanks everyone for all the help. The first day I thought it was gonna be sooo much more easy than what it is

Old 05-24-2005, 10:12 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Ragan- -Just hang in there, that nervousness will go away soon. Try to be busy to keep the smoking ideas away. Take walks, take naps, just don't take a smoke, you're doing really good! 5 days is great...congratulations!
Deda

Old 05-26-2005, 04:46 PM   #10
(female)

RAGAN HB User

I guess I messed up now!! While outside, I took 2 drags off my hubby's cig.
I feel so bad about it, but I have been so depressed. Tomorrow would have been 1 week!! I don't know if its to late now or what.

I had a complete hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. I am only 26 years old. They had to take both my overies, SO I HAVE NO HORMONES WHAT-SO-EVER!!!
They will not put me on any til 4-5 months from now, due to endo. might grow back. HOW CAN I EVER MAKE IT FOR THAT LONG NOT SMOKING, WHEN MY BODY IS GOING THROUGH SUCH A CHANGE, AND MENOPAUSE AT THE AGE OF 26!!!

SOMEONE PLEASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE HELP ME, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Old 05-26-2005, 06:00 PM   #11
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

My friend had a complete hysterectomy about 3 months ago..She has quit smoking since than. Her husband smokes also, but she has told him under no circumstance does he give her any cig's, or let her take a drag. I know it is hard and she got angry with him when he wouldn't let her have any but she is so happy now. Just the smell of his cig's makes her sick.Just think of this as a new beginning and don't look back.

Best of luck,
Ralinda

Old 05-26-2005, 07:46 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User

Ragan- -i Know It's Hard Having Messed Up Hormones, Mine Are Still Messed Up, But Smoking's Not Going To Change That. If Anything It Messes Up Our Hormone Levels Even More. If You Really Feel Depressed, Try A Nicotene Replacement, (gum, Patch, Etc.), They Really Do Help With The Depression Part Of It. You'll Be Better Off In The Long Run If You Maintain Your Quit. One Or Two Drags Would Send Most Of Us Right Back To Our Old Habit. Good Luck Dear...
Deda

Old 05-28-2005, 12:39 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Johnster HB User

Regan,
Stop being so hard on yourself. It is hard to quit. Get back on the bike and forget about a week or day or any timetable for now. Take the whole day or more to learn to ride on 2 wheels. I agree with everyone helping you. Walk away, or get involved in something else that you might like to distract you at those moments. I know this also sounds weird but this helped me a lot. HALLS cough drops. When I felt the urge to feel a deep inhale of the heat, I popped one of those babies. Deep breathes of that. Guess what? In time the vapors help to break up that junk in your lungs too and it helped me a lot!!!!
Good luck and don’t give up because of one fall. That’s like dropping out of the race you could win because of a chip in the paint wile running.
John

Old 05-30-2005, 02:51 PM   #14
(female)

RAGAN HB User

Okay...I am so WEAK. I feel so down on myself right now. I have been smoking yesterday and today. Now, my headaches are back and killing me all over again. I guess it is the smoking making my head and behind my eyes hurt so bad. When I went those days without smoking, it seemed to be a lot better. Well.......I am going to stop again. I know that no one is going to believe me and I do want people to believe in me. I told my best friend that I bought a pack and told her about my headache and she said I deserved it. WELL.... I know I can't go on like this. Starting tomorrow (TUE.) I am putting them down and i realllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy hope for good this time. Maybe this was a lesson learned and I will stick to it this time. UUGHH I am so DOWN ON MYSELF.

I HAVE TO DO IT THIS TIME!!!!

Old 05-30-2005, 04:21 PM   #15
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

U Can Do It!!!!!!

Closed Thread