It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
(female)

Lish86 HB User
Nicotine patch side effects??

Ok, so I am trying to quit smoking because it will make my stomach and esophagus problems better.... and it will save me thousands and live longer too!

Anyways, every time I try to put on a nicotine patch, it itches really really bad. I am told this is normal and that it goes away after a while, but for me it doesn't stop. So when I give up and take it off, my skin is irritated like it causes a rash or something like that.

Anyone else experience this? What in the nicotine patch would be irritating the skin?

I really want some replies because I really want to quit smoking and I know people are saying I am just making excuses and I want to make them realize that there really are side effects like that!

Old 09-22-2005, 04:43 PM   #2
(male)

snapcrackle HB Usersnapcrackle HB Usersnapcrackle HB User
Re: Nicotine patch side effects??

yea it happened with me, but eventually i stopped paying attention to it and it disappeared, but after a few days with the patch, the 14 mg ones, I stopped using it, and went cold turkey, I figured smoking was just more of a habit than an addiction....anyway I find the period of time they want you to use the patch is outrageous, but I guess Its not for me cause ive only been smoking for 5 years, anyway, im rambling on, good luck with your quitting,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #3
(female)

lu55 HB User

Hello,

Yes, this happened to me. I tried to ignore the itching and put emu oil on the rash. The emu oil cleared the rash up asap and the itching disappeared after several weeks.

Like you, I really wanted to quit smoking and knew that I needed the patch. So, I just hung in there with the itching. It really does go away.

Lu

Old 10-07-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
(female)

Vania HB User

I'm on the patch now and I've been on it before (guess its not too effective) and I also find it makes me itch, but I'd rather itch and ignore it than turn into a big cranky *****.

Seeing as I've failed on the patch before, I have a new strategy. I'm starting on the lowest dosage because I find it helps me control my mood and I'm only going to stay on it for a couple of weeks. I figure this will help me break my addiction to the action of smoking without so much of the withdrawl symptoms.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Closed Thread