It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

tnwhorselover HB User
Lightbulb any ideas how how to help with stop smoking

I'm new to this sight. I'm going to try and stop smoking, My husband and I want to try and have a family and to do that I need to stop smoking so my body can start to be heathly again. I've tried to do so before but I always get stressed out or ****** off and start smoking again. I've tried the cold turkey and I've tried not smoking as much. When I'm at work I don't smoke and if I do its only 1 on my lunch. The most time I do smoke is when I'm on the road and at home. My husband smokes soooo much, he smokes about 1 1/2 a day. So when we are at home and I'm mostly a socail smoker I end up smoking a lot. When I was pregnant I did stop but he also went outside so I need help and ideas to help me quit for good. thanks
girly girl

Old 08-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #2
(female)

mommieoftwo HB User
Re: any ideas how how to help with stop smoking

I too quit when pregnant. My son is now 2 years old (I went back to smoking before maternity leave ended). Now I'm on day 4 of quitting cold turkey. I really want one bad, but my four day experience has certainly reinforced what I already knew. The physchological impact (i.e. habit) of smoking was much more powerful to me than the physical addiction. Basically - I enjoy smoking. I consider myself a very social and fun person and smoking was a part of that in my mind. Anyway - I just decided I needed to quit and put them down. I tried the week before and kept going back to buy more smokes. But - I told myself I would keep trying until I got it right. Now - I certainly still have doubts and this may not be the last time I quit (but hopefully so) - but you just have to keep trying till you get it right one day at a time. Quitting because you want a healthy family is a strong motivator - but it boils down to the fact that YOU have to be ready because YOU want to. Good Luck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
(female)

sixx788 HB User
Re: any ideas how how to help with stop smoking

I have been quit for over a year. Trust me, I didn't even think I could quit smoking. I smoked at least 2 packs a day. It takes about 3 months to feel normal. By normal, I mean, the mood swings subside and you don't think about smoking 24/7. I used the patch and Zyban both to quit. Though I didn't stay on either past 2 weeks. I would find stories that touched me online and I printed them out and carried them everywhere with me. Anytime I felt I needed a cigarette, I read my printouts. I honestly just got mad at the tobacco companies. Lets see, your paying $5.00 a pack to ruin your lungs, ruin other people's lungs around you, make you smell, give you bad breath, yellow your teeth and fingers, burn holes in your clothes, carpet, furniture and even your own skin, ruin your home....wallls and such if you smoke inside, if you do smoke inside, you are ruining your pets health as well. YOUR PAYING TO DO THIS?? I got angry, that's what helped me the most.

Closed Thread