It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #1

Zeethan HB User
@ 4 Weeks

I'm past the 4 week mark, haven't smoked, think about it atleast once a day maybe though, like I'm bored, if I still smoked, I'd go outside and read and smoke, but *sigh* since I don't, guess I'll go fold towels, etc. I had a dream, my second one about smoking, I could smell the smoke, I took a drag and I was so with myself. It was so real. My latest change is now, I can't tolerate the smell of smoke. I had to run past a guy today outside the mall who was smoking, I feel nauseated from the smell. Also, my poor sense of smell (for pleasant odors anyway) was better when I was smoking, I can't smell most of my candles now. Blocked nasal passages are so much clearer though. That was one of my big things, to get my nose feeling normal again. Hopefully in another 4 weeks I'll feel even better.

Old 09-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deda HB User
Re: @ 4 Weeks

Hi Zeethan--

Congrats on the 4 weeks non smoking! That is so great!

I think in 4 weeks, you probably will feel a bit better. The body heals slowly...but thankfully it does heal. I quit 3 years ago, and as time goes by, I have slowly felt better.

My sense of smell came back--with a vengence. I'm almost like I'm now hypersensitive to smells/odors. Certain smells make me sick--like dryer sheets, smoke from fireplaces, (both of those when I'm outside walking), car fumes, (in my garage). I think it's more related to my autoimmune disease tho, as I've seen a few other women on thyroid boards with the same strange thing going on. My son insists though that it's because I no longer smoke, and my sniffers no longer deadened by the cigs.

Good luck, Zeethan, and keep up the quit.

Deda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Happy monthaverary... congrats keep up the great work!!!! I've had some pretty realistic dreams about smoking also crazy aren't they!!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
(female)

ShaRaeW HB User

congrats! I am at the three week mark. after 7 yrs I quit cold turkey and this time I had no problems with it at all. It was really weird. Keep up the good work!

Closed Thread