It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
(male)

raffi007 HB User
Quit smoking but feel worst!

Hello all..

I decided to quit smoking Mid-October of this year after smoking since I was 17 years old , I am 24 now. I was about a pack-a-day smoker.. The first month was easy, but then I started to get an itchy tickle feeling in my left lung. I also have occasional night sweats, lightheaded, nausea, anxiety, panic attacks, and just overall weakness/fatigue.. I had a chest x-ray done, which came back normal. I also had an EGD, EKG, Chest CT Scan, Complete Blood work and everything came back normal. There was one night a few weeks ago I smoked but the next day I felt horrible and felt like I started all over again with the withdrawl symptoms.. How long will all these terrible feelings last?? What can I do to subside these symptoms? and do you think they are all related to smoking?

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2006, 07:47 AM   #2
(female)

Reyne HB User
Re: Quit smoking but feel worst!

I know the feeling. I quit 4 months ago and felt like hell for 2 months. Thought I had the flu, sore throat, just everything went to crap. I had panic, anxiety attacks it was not good. But having all those symtoms keeps me from not going back to smoking...I never want to go through withdrawls again.

I go see my Dr every 4 weeks he has me on a few prescriptions. Today I feel great and cannot stand to even be around smoke. You are young stop now it will not get any easier down the road. I am 36yr old smoked 1-2 pks a day for 25 yrs...take my adivce get out now!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2006, 04:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

about five to six months I started to really feel like me again after 6 months . The other day I ran up a flight of stairs and although I'm overweight I did NOT let me repeat this DID NOT huff and puff and completely out of breathe at the top of the stairs. That alone is worth it and it made me feel great.

Give it some time you'll get to you again soon be patient.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
(male)

raffi007 HB User

Thank you.. I just worry that there is something seriously wrong that the Dr.'s are missing and it's causing a lot of stress and anxiety.. I guess they would of found something after all the tests: chest ct scan, abdominal ultra sound, chest xray, complete blood count, EGD, ekg, ect.. I just never felt this crappy for so long.. hope it doesn't last much longer

Old 12-16-2006, 06:58 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

Sometimes people experience depression without even realizing it. Perhaps that's what you're going through.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #6
(male)

EdwardB HB User

Yeah i am going thru exactly the same kind off thing. I feel terrible. I have nausea and i feel really strange. I did almost have a blackout the other day at work, staring too long into a computer screen i had this terrible pain for 1 second in my head (sharp jabbing [pain) and things were going dark, it lasted like i said only one second but i have feltfunny ever since. I went to my family doctor and he suggested if i don't feel much better within a 3-4 days to go in for a CT scan. If it was a mini stroke i would rather have a MRI, I am a 38 y/o male and this is adding to my feelings on anxiety.

Old 12-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Liamsmom HB User

EdB how long ago did you quit??? I had the fear of cancer more when I was smoking now I envision clean healthy pinkish lungs and I don't panic. I'm almost up to 7 months after smoking off and on for 25 yrs mostly on. I have to be honest I do crave one every now and again but my withdrawals were terrible and I would rather die than go through that again. I packed on a tremendous amount of weight but still I know I can lose it again. Just try to focus on the good your doing your body everyday that you don't smoke and hopefully some of your anxiety will calm down a little. I'll tell yah eventhough I'm 50 lbs overweight I've never felt better mentally. Give it some time.

Closed Thread